1985 CJ-8 Scrambler Restoration

wjtstudios

Hooked
A little progress. Up on the rotisserie and all the rot has been cut out. New steel is going back in. The frame has been powder coated and they hope to start assembling the rolling chassis in the next couple of weeks.

IMG_2197.jpg

IMG_2201.jpg

IMG_2204.jpg

IMG_2210.jpg

IMG_2214.jpg

IMG_2216.jpg

IMG_2215.jpg

Starting to move along now just in time for me to try to build up the JK to get it Moab ready. Nothing like two builds going on simultaneously!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

wjtstudios

Hooked
Looking good! Gonna need a trailer big enough to take the Scrambler along too! :brows:

Yup, one of these!

IMG_1881.jpg

Still have a ways to go, but he has help again so we’re making progress at a better pace.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

wjtstudios

Hooked
The devil is in the details...glad it's coming along.

Looking good. Nice work.

That you, and yes it is. Unfortunately, decades ago, by dad drilled it into my head to “do it once, do it right”. I hope to never blow the scrambler apart in my lifetime again so we are chasing as much rust out of the body as we can. It means a bit more cutting than we wanted. But at least it shouldn’t resurface a few years down the road.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

wjtstudios

Hooked
Awesome trailer Bill, I asked them to leave the center of mine open when I ordered it and they said no

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yeah, that was the biggest reason why I switched to the Kaufman. Also the Jeeps sit a lot lower in it so it will hypothetically be more stable. No I just need a truck to pull it with. Still waiting...

IMG_1882.jpg

IMG_1884.jpg

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Top Bottom