1st day on the evo double throwdown build

jeeper52

LOSER
What did you use to cut and remove the brackets? Did you have to discharge the bypasses to do the install on the front?

Hey yolo, i used a plasma to cut off the majority and then i went back with a grinder to finish them off. In the front stock shock tower i used a cut off wheel to score the welds, then i used a air hammer along with bending the brackets back and forth and they snapped off pretty easy.

bkac

Caught the Bug
Hey yolo, i used a plasma to cut off the majority and then i went back with a grinder to finish them off. In the front stock shock tower i used a cut off wheel to score the welds, then i used a air hammer along with bending the brackets back and forth and they snapped off pretty easy.

Awesome, thanks for the reply!

jeeper52

LOSER
wow looks sweet. Will this be your DD? Im considering the DTD but not sure how it would do on a DD.

Thanks, its not so much a daily driver because i have a company vehicle to get back and forth to work. But anything other than work related i will be driving my jeep. I think this suspension setup would work great for a dd.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
subscribed for reference to tackle install on my own or fork over the dough for labor. :rock::thumb: Wish you lived closer, I would offer to assist with the install. Looking good, Cant wait to see how it unfolds. :clap2:

OscarMike2.0

^

Also you should considering starting a build thread with your progress to keep us updated in the jeep builds section.

jeeper52

LOSER
Hey guys! I haven't made a while lot of progress since last weekend. I did however finally get all the parts except the king shock. Im very impressed with these new axles. I was able to get both rear control arm brackets fitted and im going to get the fronts preped and ready tomorrow.

Attachments

• 20150502_214230.jpg
    20150502_214230.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 981
  • 20150502_214252.jpg
    20150502_214252.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 1,001

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Are you going to be using the high clearance control arm brackets on those Mopar axles? Can't wait to see the final results.

SmokinV10

Caught the Bug
Very impressed to see someone tackle this in their own garage. The axles look impressive. I just went on dynatrac's website to learn more about them and they have pretty darn good specs for about 50% the cost of PR60 setup.

jeeper52

LOSER
Control arm brackets are fitted and ready to be welded! Hopefully the rear lever goes on just as easy!

Attachments

• 20150503_111332.jpg
    20150503_111332.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 890
  • 20150503_111343.jpg
    20150503_111343.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 877

jeeper52

LOSER
Looks awesome can't wait to see it when it's all done. Curious to hear your thoughts on the axels.

Yeah man i cant wait to get this thing back on the ground. I think the axles are going to hold up great. If i had the $$$$$ i would have gone with the dynatrac's but i honestly dont see the $10k difference.

Top Bottom