1st day on the evo double throwdown build

jeeper52

LOSER
So what happened with this build? Completed yet?

Yep finally got it all finished up a couple months ago. I took it to ouray in September and it did great! Hopefully i can make it to moab soon and really test everything out more.

Attachments

• 20151004_174853.jpg
    20151004_174853.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 780
  • 20151004_175130.jpg
    20151004_175130.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 786
  • 20151004_174934.jpg
    20151004_174934.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 779

jeeper52

LOSER
So what do you think of those UD 60s now?
BTW your jeep is SICK! I love the all white.

I really like them. There are plenty of haters on here that dont just because some dumb ass with more money than since decided to jump his jeep 90ft and broke them. Jumping is not my thing and rock crawling is so i honestly feel like these will do great. I would buy them again if i ever do another build.

dillard09

I really like them. There are plenty of haters on here that dont just because some dumb ass with more money than since decided to jump his jeep 90ft and broke them. Jumping is not my thing and rock crawling is so i honestly feel like these will do great. I would buy them again if i ever do another build.

That's very good to know. Most complaints that I have heard are about the welds. How do you feel about them? But I'm sure you removed a lot of those when moving to the DTD. I just seen the UD 60s on ECGS and they will set them up with ARBs in them. Might have to look into them. What you save over prorocks you can buy 40s, new slabs, and hydro assist. Would love to see some pics of them under you Heep with the DTD if you have any.
Thanks!

303DAILY

Yep finally got it all finished up a couple months ago. I took it to ouray in September and it did great! Hopefully i can make it to moab soon and really test everything out more.

Nice looking jeep, did you have it up for sale at one point?

jeeper52

LOSER
That's very good to know. Most complaints that I have heard are about the welds. How do you feel about them? But I'm sure you removed a lot of those when moving to the DTD. I just seen the UD 60s on ECGS and they will set them up with ARBs in them. Might have to look into them. What you save over prorocks you can buy 40s, new slabs, and hydro assist. Would love to see some pics of them under you Heep with the DTD if you have any.
Thanks!

They seemed to be done well. The only one's that i didn't remove were the control arm brackets everything else was cut off. I will take a few pics and post them up later.

dillard09

They seemed to be done well. The only one's that i didn't remove were the control arm brackets everything else was cut off. I will take a few pics and post them up later.

Thanks. I have the DTD but still running the rubi 44s. Looking to upgrade in the next few months and weighting my options!

jeeper52

LOSER
Do you actually want to sell, looks way to nice to get rid of!!!

No but i saw all these jk's on ebay priced at $90k and above with no axles,cheap bumpers and suspension so i thought i would give it a shot. I got a few decent offers but enough to let it go.

jeeper52

LOSER
Thanks. I have the DTD but still running the rubi 44s. Looking to upgrade in the next few months and weighting my options!

Nice! Well take my opinion for what its worth but i think they are quality axles. There just wasn't a big enough difference for me to justify spending an extra $8k on Dynatrac's but thats just me. Not doggin Dynatrac in any way and if you can afford them than you might as well have the best axle that money can buy. For me they were out of my buget and thats the reason i went with the UD 60s. Time will tell if i made a good decision but so far im happy with the quality.

dillard09

Nice! Well take my opinion for what its worth but i think they are quality axles. There just wasn't a big enough difference for me to justify spending an extra $8k on Dynatrac's but thats just me. Not doggin Dynatrac in any way and if you can afford them than you might as well have the best axle that money can buy. For me they were out of my buget and thats the reason i went with the UD 60s. Time will tell if i made a good decision but so far im happy with the quality.

I hear ya. I am at the limits of the rubi44 and could go with pr44/sf60 and stay at 37($11500 quote) but just a bit more and your in the UD60s($13000 w/ ARBs). I would love a pr60/ffpr60($19000 quote) but add any upgrades to the front and the numbers climb in a hurry. And with the 8 lug comes new wheels and then tires and then hydro assist and driveshafts. And then that number is out of sight for a guy who has a 6 month old.
So stay at 37s, do UD60s or save for the PR60s. Choice choices!

Top Bottom