2.5" AEV lift what else

espi

I ended up going with the AEV 2.5 and Rancho drop brackets. I got 2.75" front and 3.5" rear.

before
1391230009982.jpg

After
1391230034617.jpg

Thanks for everyone's help.

ImLost7

I ended up going with the AEV 2.5 and Rancho drop brackets. I got 2.75" front and 3.5" rear.

before
View attachment 67060

After
View attachment 67061

Thanks for everyone's help.

Looks great! 2 questions:
1. What size tires are you running?
2. What are your driving impressions of the AEV lift? On road & trails?

I ask because I am currently running a TF levelling kit and I am justifying the increased height by a smoother than stock ride on road.

ImLost7

At least I know someone is reading this thread:clap2: . And I won't get smacked around about using the "Search" function. Double bonus.

espi

Looks great! 2 questions:
1. What size tires are you running?
2. What are your driving impressions of the AEV lift? On road & trails?

I ask because I am currently running a TF levelling kit and I am justifying the increased height by a smoother than stock ride on road.

In the photos I was running 285/70r17 (33s), but now I am running 317/70r17.

I like the lift for what I use it for, driving on the beach and hitting the local trails. No rock crawling for me.
I was going to get a leveling kit, but after adding a front bumper and winch the springs would not have handled the weight.
The lift rides better than stock if you have added weight. Without weight you may find it to be stiff. It does handle and corner much better than stock. I have put over 15000 miles on the Jeep since the lift and the highway handling is great. One thing that helps handling is the Rancho control arm bracket.

I know a lot of people are not fond of the AEV lifts due to brackets and such, but I think the 2.5" lift is priced well and only thing I really have to complain about is the front sway bar link extensions. They are retarded and if you are running wheels with at least 4.5" back space or stock wheels and spacers I would get longer rear links and move your rears up front or just get disconnects for the front.

At the end of the day I am pleased, but I would caution you if you do not plan to add weight I would look at maybe piecing together a lift. Get some progressive rate coils or the Evo plush ride have been talked about a lot on here for having a smooth ride some adjustable shocks like the Rancho 9000s.

Top Bottom