2.5" lift recommendation and feedback ?

iM7md

That's ok. Jeeps have a way of grabbing hold of our accounts lol. I know my jeep has its own account and seems to grow faster than mine lol. Just please don't go to rough country. I worked at a dealership and the shocks went bad after 6-8 months on 3 of our lifted jeeps.

yep you're right :(
I have JK Wrangler on one hand and Porsche Cayenne S on the other hand :crazyeyes:

iM7md

I have a Teraflex 2.5 inch coil lift. So far I am middle of the road with it. I have not done anything more than drive the jeep as of yet. So offroad I dont know how it will perform. It is noticeably stiffer to me but not so much so to anybody else who has ridden in my jeep before and after. Again, I havent gotten it offroad so offroad the ride may suck worse than stock. It still rides well enough on the road to me, not saying I am an expert by any means but I have had several straight front axle vehicles that have been a rougher ride than the jeep is now. Most of them were leaf springs compared to the jeeps coil springs so it is also hard to compare them. Ride is 100% subjective though. So if you can find other jeeps to go ride in then do that first if possible.

I dont know how long I will keep it however, I am already wanting more lift but will probably have to wait a while. I was originally going to go with just the 2.5 budget boost but in hopes of getting a Warn Powerplant I was worried about the front end sagging more. That could have been me over thinking it also.

I will say that if I could have purchased a "better/more expensive" lift than I wouldve looked into the EVO 3 inch Enforcer at the very least. Thats based off of what I have seen and read on this forum.

my friend installed 2.5" Teraflex recently, I am going to jump in and experience the ride quality in his JK, I couldn't get his feedback because he just installed it few weeks ago but as long as my internet search goes I didn't find positive feedback so far, most of people telling me to look to other direction but they didn't list what's wrong with Teraflex :crazyeyes:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
my friend installed 2.5" Teraflex recently, I am going to jump in and experience the ride quality in his JK, I couldn't get his feedback because he just installed it few weeks ago but as long as my internet search goes I didn't find positive feedback so far, most of people telling me to look to other direction but they didn't list what's wrong with Teraflex :crazyeyes:

It's stiff, way more expensive then it should be, it's stiff, it's teraflex so they will blame you if something breaks, it's stiff. Go with the Evo enforcer kit :thumb:

iM7md

for the records I don't do rock crawling and I would like to get springs which are soft and smooth , I use my JK for DD and fast / hard offroading for this I don't think Rock Krawler lift is good choose for me since its all about slower offroading, Please share your feedback and recommendation

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
for the records I don't do rock crawling and I would like to get springs which are soft and smooth , I use my JK for DD and fast / hard offroading for this I don't think Rock Krawler lift is good choose for me since its all about slower offroading, Please share your feedback and recommendation

Get 2" spacers then. It'll feel the same as stock. You don't need to replace the coils.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Sounds good since I will be having the same ride quality as stock, What about 2.5" Budget Boost instead of 2" spacer kit?

They are the same thing unless you are talking about a change in the actual coils. Generally, "pucks", "spacers" and "budget boosts" are all referencing the same thing...hockey pucks with a hole in the middle.

iM7md

They are the same thing unless you are talking about a change in the actual coils. Generally, "pucks", "spacers" and "budget boosts" are all referencing the same thing...hockey pucks with a hole in the middle.

I think I will go with 2.5" Budget Boost
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?3976-Jeep-JK-Wrangler-2-5-quot-Budget-Boost-Installation-Write-Up

Then later may upgrade to larger lift like EVO 3" / 4" suspension lift with driveshaft and all necessary modification, Thanks all for your feedback and recommendation, Appreciated

iM7md

I think I will go with 2.5" Budget Boost
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?3976-Jeep-JK-Wrangler-2-5-quot-Budget-Boost-Installation-Write-Up

Then later may upgrade to larger lift like EVO 3" / 4" suspension lift with driveshaft and all necessary modification, Thanks all for your feedback and recommendation, Appreciated

Already have below items:
- EVO JK Draglink Flip Kit
- EVO Mfg C2 Axle Gussets
- Rancho RS720003 Exhaust Pipe Kit

Will there be benefits if installed along with 2.5" budget boost or keep them on shelf until my next larger suspension lift upgrade?

Jeep2010

yep you're right :(
I have JK Wrangler on one hand and Porsche Cayenne S on the other hand :crazyeyes:

Oh jeez. I would hate having that choice lol. But it's just crazy how much it comes out to. When I did my lift I bought the lift, wheels, tires, back bumper, and tire carrier all at once. When I saw the amount I made my girlfriend place the order. I couldn't hit the button hahah.

iM7md

Oh jeez. I would hate having that choice lol. But it's just crazy how much it comes out to. When I did my lift I bought the lift, wheels, tires, back bumper, and tire carrier all at once. When I saw the amount I made my girlfriend place the order. I couldn't hit the button hahah.

loooooool , I cannot imagine all of them at once :clap2:

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Already have below items:
- EVO JK Draglink Flip Kit
- EVO Mfg C2 Axle Gussets
- Rancho RS720003 Exhaust Pipe Kit

Will there be benefits if installed along with 2.5" budget boost or keep them on shelf until my next larger suspension lift upgrade?

You need at least a 3" lift for the flip kit. 3" bump stops are needed.
Yes, on the gussets. Asap.
Don't recommend the exhaust pipe kit. Front drive shaft is the best option

Top Bottom