2.5 rock krawler lift question

jkwebbie

I stayed away from rock krawler because of their coils. A BB would be a good lift on the budget and can allow you to get other things like rocker protection or a winch or something

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Any suggestions on a bb? Is worth it to get new shocks?

If you like the way your Jeep currently rides a BB is definitely the way to go. Keeping your current shocks and getting a kit with shock extenders would be a less expencive route and guarantee you don't accidentally get shocks that are too long.

I currently have a RC 2.5" BB and run 35s with no problems. Its the only kit that I know of that comes with steel spacers. All others come with rubber ones.

trexburn

If the kit really doesn't come with rear brake line drop brackets, that's just stupid and yes, you should get a set. So long as you DO NOT get new shocks that are too long, you should be fine with your factory front drive shaft. IF you do, yes, you should be looking to get a new one. IF your lift does in fact yield MORE than 3" of lift, adjustable front lower control arms will allow you to set more positive caster and that will improve your handling at highway speeds. New longer lines are only needed IF you are sitting at 3" or more and have shocks that will allow you greater droop.

At bare minimum, new longer rears so that you can install your factory rears up front.

I have decided to go the budget boost route. I would like to get better shocks. I don't know much about shocks so I don't want to get too long of ones, so am I to look at extended length measurement or travel? What is the max of that measurement? Any recommendations?

Sent from my QMV7B using WAYALIFE mobile app

DRTYRAT30

If you are getting the newer RK 2.5 Lift the coils are 2/4dr specific now. So the 2dr 2.5 lift is using the 4dr 1.5" coils now. So it shouldn't give as much lift as the previous RK coils. Call Rockkrawler and ask them your questions also.

CrazyTrainJK

Caught the Bug
I purchased the EVO HD Leveling kit and really like it. I cut my fenders and have more than enough room to run 35's. The kit has new front coils and 3/4 spacers for the rear.

Top Bottom