2 Door stretch. Comp cut. Tons. 40s

tuckn2s

Love me a nice and low stretched 2 door. Look forward to seeing it finished. :thumb:

Thanks, im looking forward to getting it out on the trail

I would not want to run a truss on either axles, being the axles are already so heavy and should not need the reinforcement in the first place. Just my opinion

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

i would agree, but i had it, so it got used

tuckn2s

I don't blame you at all. And even if that is what you wanted to do I'm not knocking it. I think it's awesome your building you rig. I go back and forth on building or buying.

Buying has its place but for me. It's all about building.

Here's a few recent projects

My summer daily driver. Had a Cummins but currently getting a ls 6.0

IMG_0748.JPG

Last summers project, 06 f350 bagged and body dropped 6.0 liter

IMG_3616.JPG

Usually I'm a low rider kinda guy.

My daily/tow pig

IMG_0515.JPG

jkwebbie

So I've noticed that a lot of the guys that do the Sterling axle swaps tend to add the trusses. In fact, I don't think I've ever seen one done that isn't trussed.
Is there a reason for that? I mean, you're going to one ton axles in a relatively light weight vehicle. Do the sterling axles tend to bend or break?
Like WJCO said, its more for bracket placement. The truss isn't needed, but that's just how Artec makes the kit. It just makes it easier to swap in. You can always get mounts that don't require a truss, but that adds more time to the build because you have to measure on the axle where you want the brackets to go, which is what you'll see with more custom suspensions. The Artec kit takes all that work out because the brackets attach to their truss at certain spots, making it bolt up just like the stock 44 would.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ddays

Hooked
Like WJCO said, its more for bracket placement. The truss isn't needed, but that's just how Artec makes the kit. It just makes it easier to swap in. You can always get mounts that don't require a truss, but that adds more time to the build because you have to measure on the axle where you want the brackets to go, which is what you'll see with more custom suspensions. The Artec kit takes all that work out because the brackets attach to their truss at certain spots, making it bolt up just like the stock 44 would.

Yup, that makes sense. Sure that cuts a shitload of setup time.

My summer daily driver. Had a Cummins but currently getting a ls 6.0

View attachment 246105

Thats a badass Ford!

Ddays

Hooked
I can't speak for the Maxxis tires, and I'm running 37" Coopers, not 40's, but these are great tires. They wear well, the road noise is acceptable, and they grip everything. I would highly recommend them.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Glad to see you made a build thread, and awesome you are using the stock control arm mounts. Badass truck builds, cool to see someone else on here come from the lowered side of things which is where I came from originally.

tuckn2s

Glad to see you made a build thread, and awesome you are using the stock control arm mounts. Badass truck builds, cool to see someone else on here come from the lowered side of things which is where I came from originally.

The synergy stretch brackets locate the arms in basically the same location as stock. And they are 380$, so to me that's just a waste when they can easily be strengthened up with out issues.

I will always be a lowered truck guy. I wish my daily dually was 2wd because it would be lowered on 22.5 semis. But I basically got it for free so no complaints here

tuckn2s

Was able to sneak in a few hours of work. Got all the rear arms mounted up. Caliper brackets on. Realized I have 2 passenger side rear calipers and brackets. So the drive side the caliper will be on the front of the axle, won't make any difference but the odds of finding the parts I need are slim. So I'll run with it

IMG_0772.JPG

C1AC2BC3-3CD6-4565-BE70-648D5F2C7E9A.jpg

Put the front axle in place. Still havnt ordered any link parts for the front yet. Another week or 2 and I will. Would like to finish the rear first

IMG_0769.JPG

Was able to borrow works plasma to cut off some brackets

IMG_0777.JPG

IMG_0778.JPG

New misalignment spacers came in

IMG_0778.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0776.JPG
    IMG_0776.JPG
    110.2 KB · Views: 299
  • IMG_0779.JPG
    IMG_0779.JPG
    298.5 KB · Views: 302

tuckn2s

Picked up some poison spyder corner and got them semi trimmed up to fit. I will bring them to work in the morning and finish them up.

IMG_0794.JPG

IMG_0795.JPG

IMG_0797.JPG

IMG_0800.JPG

Rear track bar bracket came in today. And upper coilover mount comes in tomorrow. But I'm heading north for the weekend to go snowmobiling so more progress next week

IMG_0529.JPG

Mybadjk

Caught the Bug
Bad ass build man. Can't wait to see it when it's done. Jealous of the slammed old pick ups. One day I'll own a bagged chevy 3100 five window.

Top Bottom