2 Door stretch. Comp cut. Tons. 40s

tuckn2s

Bad ass build man. Can't wait to see it when it's done. Jealous of the slammed old pick ups. One day I'll own a bagged chevy 3100 five window.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I would like to own one as well..

Brought the corners to work today to finishing cutting them

Moved the gas filler up behind the rear door. Looks better up there after the comp cut

IMG_0803.JPG

IMG_0802.JPG

Primer

IMG_0804.JPG

tuckn2s

Glad to see you made a build thread, and awesome you are using the stock control arm mounts. Badass truck builds, cool to see someone else on here come from the lowered side of things which is where I came from originally.

i plan on wheeling rausch this summer we will have to meet up, i had a couple built up vw's a few years back as well, my favorite was my 96 cabrio, 2.0 turbo, about 340hp at the wheels, fun little daily

tuckn2s

Messed around in the shop a bit tonight.
Got the synergy coilover stretch mount tacked into place.. but not to sure it's going to work. Doesn't line up with the shocks on the axle at all. So may have to do some cutting and welding on it

IMG_0869.JPG

And finished cutting up the drive side for the comp cut. Just need to pick up some more rivnuts to bolt it on

IMG_0870.JPG

IMG_0871.JPG

IMG_0873.JPG

IMG_0875.JPG

IMG_0872.JPG

IMG_0874.JPG

Going to make some upper coil spring perches tomorrow

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Rear cut looks great, cant wait to see it with the wheels on it. If you can, post up some pictures of that upper mount for the shocks.

i plan on wheeling rausch this summer we will have to meet up, i had a couple built up vw's a few years back as well, my favorite was my 96 cabrio, 2.0 turbo, about 340hp at the wheels, fun little daily

I had a 96 cabrio that I TDI swapped and bagged, by far one of the more fun ones I built over the years.

tuckn2s

Well the synergy upper coil over mount did not work in its original form. The driver side shock hit the track bar mount due to my 10" stretch vs the intended 8" stretch

So... I chopped it up

IMG_0884.JPG

IMG_0885.JPG

Pushed it back all the way against the rear cross member. And should work much better.

Need to get wire for the welder to get it tacked into place and and cycle the suspension and see how it looks

IMG_0886.JPG

IMG_0887.JPG

Top Bottom