2 Door Xtreme Recon!

4PLAY

The Ruby-X 2 door w/35" package was just too tempting...Ordered a White one Feb 19th, went D-1 Feb 22nd and looks to be in production March 22nd!

Strange thing is they make you order the 2.0 / Auto to get the 35" package, I wanted a 3.6 / Auto as I have a brand new-in-box Edelbrock Supercharger I bought for my '20 Ruby 2-door that I never got around to installing...will have to add that to a few other new-in-box goodies to sell! Also strange is you cannot order the factory winch with this combo but you can order it with the exact same build on a 4-door. WTH Jeep?

The Ruby-X 2 door w/35" package was just too tempting...Ordered a White one Feb 19th, went D-1 Feb 22nd and looks to be in production March 22nd!

Strange thing is they make you order the 2.0 / Auto to get the 35" package, I wanted a 3.6 / Auto as I have a brand new-in-box Edelbrock Supercharger I bought for my '20 Ruby 2-door that I never got around to installing...will have to add that to a few other new-in-box goodies to sell! Also strange is you cannot order the factory winch with this combo but you can order it with the exact same build on a 4-door. WTH Jeep?
If that’s the case I’d order a V6 auto and just lift it myself afterwards. That turbo 4 is meh.

4PLAY

If that’s the case I’d order a V6 auto and just lift it myself afterwards. That turbo 4 is meh.

I hear ya, but...Factory 35's, 8" wide 12mm offset wheels, tailgate reinforcement, Mopar oversize tire carrier, 4.56 factory gears, a 1.5" lift plus a few other goodies and all standard on the 2-door X IF you get the 2.0! Also the Auto is $2K less with the 2.0 than with the 3.6...

I hear ya, but...Factory 35's, 8" wide 12mm offset wheels, tailgate reinforcement, Mopar oversize tire carrier, 4.56 factory gears, a 1.5" lift plus a few other goodies and all standard on the 2-door X IF you get the 2.0! Also the Auto is $2K less with the 2.0 than with the 3.6...
There is nothing wrong with the 2.0 turbo as far as I am aware. It has plenty of pep! It should be pretty quick with 4.56 gearing.

2-doors are not not popular these days so Jeep tries to limit the number of build permutations.

If you really want the Jeep 8k winch, pehaps you could buy it separately for more $$$ than buying a normal kit.

4PLAY

If you really want the Jeep 8k winch, pehaps you could buy it separately for more $$$ than buying a normal kit.

The factory winch option at $1995 is pretty attractive...You get a custom winch based off the Warn Zeon that while rated at 8K passed all testing to be rated at 9K, a winch that is almost 2.5" narrower than a standard Zeon and weighs just a bit less and comes with factory warranty-the downside is 90 feet of synthetic rope rather than the 100 feet that comes with the standard Zeon.
Then factor in that you don't have to mess with installation plus Jeep has already compensated for the weight with calibrated spring and shock rates. Jeep appears to also be using a new winch mount which slightly rotates the front of the winch slightly downward (the entire winch sits between the frame rails and fully behind the frame horns) to increase clearance between the top of the winch and the grille. I wouldn't be surprised if wind tunnel testing also showed this slight front downward rotation to be less restrictive for airflow to the newly designed grill...Okay, I might be giving the Jeep engineers a bit too much credit on this last part...:)

That said, I will be taking the 10K Zeon off my '20 JLR along with the ARB dual compressor and reusing them on the new Ruby-X 2 door! I have ordered the OEM winch plate to see what differences there are between it and the one that comes with the Mopar winch mount kit for OEM steel bumpers.

Even with this package being available for the 2 door now, and while I might be late noticing this - the 2 door seems to be heading towards an inevitable end.

Jeep has pulled the “Unlimited” name from all their 4-Door models. It no longer is displayed on the window sticker as well, and all makes sense given the less and less 2 doors sold each year.

IMG_5581.jpeg
IMG_5583.jpeg

kevman65

Hooked
Even with this package being available for the 2 door now, and while I might be late noticing this - the 2 door seems to be heading towards an inevitable end.

Jeep has pulled the “Unlimited” name from all their 4-Door models. It no longer is displayed on the window sticker as well, and all makes sense given the less and less 2 doors sold each year.

View attachment 403689
View attachment 403690
Kind of like the quad cab long bed 1/2 ton pickemup, gone the way of the Dodo.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

View attachment 403689
View attachment 403690
To the best of my knowledge, the 2-door is no longer sold overseas. And yes, the carbon footprint of a 2-door is more than a Challenger so it's been on the chopping block for a while now.

To the best of my knowledge, the 2-door is no longer sold overseas. And yes, the carbon footprint of a 2-door is more than a Challenger so it's been on the chopping block for a while now.
You'd be correct! Wonder just how much longer they'll let it live on. For what it's worth, I get inquiries for 2 doors fairly often still... There is a market for them but not one worth mass production unfortunately.

4PLAY

If Jeep were to drop the 2-Door JL...I would be a new Bronco owner. However it is hard to imagine them dropping the 2-door (Real Jeep:ROFLMAO:) as long as Ford continues with the 2-door Bronco. That said and to hedge my bets, I am waiting on a new '24 Ruby X 2-door w/35" tire package to replace my '20 Ruby 2-door!

Top Bottom