2 for 4 doors?

bl17z90

The only real advantages that I can see to a 2 door are when getting to the peak of a hill, the breakover angle is WAY better. They walk around trees better and just scrape less.

For every other aspect though the 4 door prevails. I thought about trading my 2 door in for a 4 door. But like steve said, after 2.5" of lift and 35's i just love my 2 door too much to ever let it go.

Jeeper Jr.

The biggest reason for a 2dr imo is that they look AMAZING with a stretch. Case and point, RT1Guy and the other black and silver one. No 4 dr can ever look as good for me.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
If you travel with more then yourself, 4 door. If you bring a lot of stuff with you when you travel, 4 door.

bl17z90

The biggest reason for a 2dr imo is that they look AMAZING with a stretch. Case and point, RT1Guy and the other black and silver one. No 4 dr can ever look as good for me.

You are forgetting the original....Vengence

BBG

You are forgetting the original....Vengence

You guys probably haven't seen evo1, rubicat, moby, Grey goose, trailbud........etc the list goes on fellas let's not compare.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sharkey

Word Ninja

I could not disagree with you more. Personal opinions aside, I would love to see a single post where someone with a JKU says they wished they had bought a JK. I've never seen it.

Don't let the extra doors fool you, the wheelbase hits the sweet spot and the extra cab room is just a bonus.

If you are even questioning it, buy a JKU.

DManuel

I could not disagree with you more. Personal opinions aside, I would love to see a single post where someone with a JKU says they wished they had bought a JK. I've never seen it. Don't let the extra doors fool you, the wheelbase hits the sweet spot and the extra cab room is just a bonus. If you are even questioning it, buy a JKU.
We have two JKU. Really wish we had bought four JK instead. :) Not really. Get the JKU. You will be happy with the extra room. We have friends with a JK and they are saving to trade it for a JKU. It just works better that way.

Attachments

• image-326061913.jpg
    image-326061913.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 89

BBG

We have two JKU. Really wish we had bought four JK instead. :) Not really. Get the JKU. You will be happy with the extra room. We have friends with a JK and they are saving to trade it for a JKU. It just works better that way.

Nice my friend:thumbup:

Sharkey

Word Ninja

:cheesy::cheesy:

BBG

Longer is better. ....... You'll never hear a woman say ....... It's OK honey I like it short:D

catahoula

Caught the Bug
The only real advantages that I can see to a 2 door are when getting to the peak of a hill, the breakover angle is WAY better. They walk around trees better and just scrape less.

I agree there. A four will cost more in mods....suspension wise due to longer wheelbase. The more manly IMO is the two door. It is definitely more challenging trying to negotiate obstacles when mall crawling in a four door though I must admit.:)

dentdude36

spoken like true redneck! comparing the size of their rig to the sixe of their manhood. makes me wonder if your speaking from experience with length! lol

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jhires

My wife has a 2 door. In the past she's had a YJ and a TJ.
I have a 4 door. In the past I've had a 68 Bronco, and a XJ.

She likes her two door, I like my four door.
The 2 door is much more maneuverable than the 4 door.
A 2 point turnaround for her is a 20 point turn around for me.
I can climb a ledge much easier than she can.
Initial cost for her was less than it was for me, but mods all work out about the same price, or negligible difference. Or only differ because we are making different choices about our setups.

In the end the dog likes the 4 door better. :-D

Last edited:

texasdave

Never been in a 4 door. I got the 2 door based on price. I was kind of in a hurry since my truck was having electrical issues. To me personally, I like the look of a 2-door over a 4, especially doorless. Do I have times when I wish I had a 4 door? Yes I do. My kiddo is 11, soon he will have a hard time climbing in back. But also he will be driving soon, then the back seat will come out for good. Do I see myself crawling like they do on the JK experience, no. I don't have the funds to run my daily driver like that. Will I hit the trails in Colorado with the wife and kiddo, yes.

With all of that being said, it really comes down to what You want to do with Your Jeep. DD that is trail capable or all out crawling beast that looks bad ass getting groceries. YOUR choice.

beans

Ok, people mentioned space. Trust me, you don't need it. You adapt (just as we all did prior to larger homes/cars/stuff) and buy more wisely. More space = more nonsensical stuff :D :D

example:
1.jpg

Instead of

2.jpg

3.jpg

Instead of

4.jpg

5.jpg
Instead of

6.jpg

Last edited:

OverlanderJK