2 for 4 doors?

beans

I cook on a fire. What do I do when I run out of space for spare parts and tools?

We have a slidding tool container that fits pretty much everything into our gear box :D You wouldn't know it was there :D Extra axels you can mount to your roll bar. They also have mounts etc. for virtually every tool in existance--a quick release fire extinguisher mount will even hold your thermos :D Most of all it looks less cluttered and kind of neat!

Edit:
Cooking on open fire (no thread jack intended) is the way to go though....can't get much better...Cant wait till better weather! :) I'll cook everyone sausages!

Attachments

• lasagne.jpg
    lasagne.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:

robx251

Caught the Bug
I have a 2 door. I like the shorter wheel base for our tight trails around here. That being said I was strongly considering a 4 door when I bought this one. I did like the space and can look damn mean if set up right. But to get ,in my opinion to get the same mean look as a two door I find that you need to go bigger on everything. Lift, tires, and such. But that's my opinion. Take for what its worth.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

Panda

I've wanted a jeep long before 4drs we're came along I always dreamed of a two dr when I bought my jeep I wouldn't even look at 4drs my gf drives a JKU I love the space she has & I drive it all the time but every time I do I wish I was in panda & I wouldn't trade panda for two 4drs no way! Two drs make a u turn ANYWHERE & park much easier & the3.6 with less weight hauls butt! I think both look good with mods I just like the way the 2dr looks a lil better & I'll never part with mine & yes the 2dr does have its pros

Sent from bad apples...

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Ok, people mentioned space. Trust me, you don't need it. You adapt (just as we all did prior to larger homes/cars/stuff) and buy more wisely. More space = more nonsensical stuff :D :D

example:
View attachment 67753

Instead of

View attachment 67754

View attachment 67755

Instead of

View attachment 67756

View attachment 67757
Instead of

View attachment 67758

I see you live in PA. Unlike PA, we have to pack for days.

I had a two door when I lived on the east coast. Thought the same way as you. Moved to the west a sold the two door to upgrade to a 4 door. Hell we barely have room now.

13gecko

I would have to agree with beans. If you take the back seat out and run out of space for tools and spare parts in a 2dr something is wrong. If you plan on maybe breaking that much stuff you might want to reconsider wheeling.

1. Your not doing something right
2. You have a jeep made out of butter?

I could see if you didn't take the rear seat out you might be a little tight on space. But then again how much stuff do you really need? I do like the 4 doors and i only chose a 2dr because I like the stretched looked better. Just my thoughts.

BBG

spoken like true redneck! comparing the size of their rig to the sixe of their manhood. makes me wonder if your speaking from experience with length! lol

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I'm actually black btw and live in Torrance ca. .......lol

Sent from my SCH-I605 using WAYALIFE mobile app

beans

I see you live in PA. Unlike PA, we have to pack for days.

I had a two door when I lived on the east coast. Thought the same way as you. Moved to the west a sold the two door to upgrade to a 4 door. Hell we barely have room now.

True, true indeed and excellent point :) There are definitely places out in the West coast does have alot of day(s) driving. It's just so vast out there. My husband used to live in Terlingua desert for several years (a raft guide). He said the closest grocery store was all the way out in Alpine and he would have to shop for like a month or more. :driving: Been out there with him and its definitely a different perspective and outlook on alot of things :) If we stayed we'd definitely would have some kind of pop up trailer.

dahreno

Banned
I know I like to be comfortable when we camp. I don't like those little tiny backpack stoves, I like my 2 burner Coleman. On the other hand, if I had a two door, I either would be by myself of only have one other person because that is all I could fit when camping so in that case a little camp stove would be alright! It's amazing how much stuff will fit behind the rear seat in a 4 door. We pack from front to back, and from top to bottom.And we can still carry 4 people if we want. I am so glad we got a 4 door. We actually like people and have friends and sometimes take them with us ! LOL. By the way, for those times I don't like people, I have a 2 door also .HA HA HA !

kornchip

I agree that its all in your lifestyle.. I love my two door with the back seat out. For a while I bolted in a Kobalt truck-bed toolbox and kept all my gear in it, and there was still plenty of room. Plus it looks good with my 12 ft kayak strapped on it. :rock:

dentdude36

i remember when the four door came out and most if not all jeep people were not happy! but now with trends i guess it must be the way to go! four doors are like butts everybody has one 2 doors are mich more rare

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
This the way I feel. Granted I do pack "comfortable" but then there is also the damn dog that takes up a lot of space. But after several 4x4 camping trips last summer I was maxing the space in my JKU.

My 120 lb fat husky takes up the back seat too..

Top Bottom