2 types of 40" Trail Grapplers?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Seems about as logical as daily driving on 40's. I only got 3,000 miles a set on my Corvette, but I wanted traction. You need to pay if want to play.

Why get 30-40k out of your 40's instead of 10. Seems plenty logical to me unless your liquid for 100k

mastrcruse

Seems about as logical as daily driving on 40's. I only got 3,000 miles a set on my Corvette, but I wanted traction. You need to pay if want to play.

Oh got me there. :clap2:

Over the last several weeks I've test drove several rigs around DFW with 40's and if geared right, steering correct, good tire, I don't see much of a difference. Test drove a few with 40" trail grapplers and, with the C rating, it's a very smooth ride and comfortable compared to my current setup.

Paying to play? Meaning the 17k I spent on axles and probably another 8-10k on the other random shit to do this thing right. Doesn't mean being smart about getting a 30k tire over a 10k mile tire is a crazy question.

Last edited:

jeffj

Caught the Bug

I drive my jeep as a daily drive on 40's and it drives really well. There's no way in hell I would want to change those bead locks every 10k when you could get the others and get 40+k out of them. I agree with Steve, it's Not logical.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

aTX427

Damn. You must be liquid for $100K.

I am fortunate that it wasn't my only vehicle, nor is my Jeep. Personally, I get sick of tires quickly and usually sell them at about 50% wear. 10,000 miles on a set of sticky tires seems decent to me, but I don't drive my Jeep every day and I trailer it out to wheel. Assuming they are DOT radials, I probably would have considered them myself had I known about them when I ordered my Coopers.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
I am fortunate that it wasn't my only vehicle, nor is my Jeep. Personally, I get sick of tires quickly and usually sell them at about 50% wear. 10,000 miles on a set of sticky tires seems decent to me, but I don't drive my Jeep every day and I trailer it out to wheel. Assuming they are DOT radials, I probably would have considered them myself had I known about them when I ordered my Coopers.

I can understand that, but I think most of us would want the best off road tire we can get, that still provides a decent amount of tread life.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

Maybe I missed it but the OP asked about how to tell the difference between the two sets, not what you have on your jeep or how often you change tires. To be perfectly honest, I doubt the OP or anyone else gives two shits.

aTX427

You are right. it had nothing to do with the subject. OP, sorry for sidetracking your thread.

mastrcruse

Confirmed that they weren't K spec and got all of them home.

Waiting for the XD60 to be completed, should be no later than 9/14 and my PSC setup to arrive. I'll be ready after that. I've asked a lot of questions throughout the process but thank all of you for your help (and patience in some cases haha).

Attachments

• IMG_2787.jpg
    IMG_2787.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_2786.jpg
    IMG_2786.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 81

mastrcruse

One more quick question as I prepare to install these on my beadlocks. From inspecting both sidewalks, there doesn't seem to be a "correct" way to mounts these...meaning both sidewalls look exactly the same. Buddies 35" TGs have different lettering but the 40's don't. Is there a certain side that should be facing outward? thanks!

Top Bottom