2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Project

NHarris

After many times of sliding past the turn off to my neighborhood, I decided its time to throw some new slicks on. Thanks to Discount Tire, I got hooked up with a great set of Cooper Discoverer ATP tires.

tires_zpsc952a099.jpg

tires1_zpsd7184702.jpg

NHarris

Sweet ride! How do you like the new tires? I need to get new tires for my JK.

I love em so far. Quiet on the freeway and in town, they do amazing in the snow. Its been snowy the past couple days and I haven't used 4wd once.

htweelz

I love em so far. Quiet on the freeway and in town, they do amazing in the snow. Its been snowy the past couple days and I haven't used 4wd once.

Good to know. I will have to look into them. I just saw where you are from. My parent's are renting a house out in Ogden over Christmas next year. My family and my sister's family are flying out to ski at Powder Mountain. I went skiing there back in 1985 when I was in high school. I'm anxious to get my kids out there to do some powder skiing. They probably won't want to come back to ski the east coast after that. I know I didn't want to...:rock:

NHarris

After some snow wheeling and the Jeep falling through some ice I decided tow hooks were a good idea. I had to have a Land Rover pull my Jeep out by the sway bar, because I had no other recovery point. Searching the local classifieds turned up a full set of skid plates and tow hooks for $210.00! Got em thrown on and its ready to go wheeling in Montana starting Thursday.

NHarris

montana_zps3e7a703f.jpg

mizoo_zps7f9103a0.jpg

A few shots from up in Missoula, Montana. Heading north of town for some good pics in the morning.

NHarris

Its a little late, but here's some pictures from my Montana four wheeling trip. Went up north to glacier country, then over to Bonner where I wheeled up what appears to have been a logging road(?). On my route back I went through Salmon, Idaho and found an old garage in the small town of Leadore. Halfway between Leadore and Idaho Falls I came across an old log structure, stopped and checked that out.

m1_zps8bfbb4e3.jpg

k1_zpsfa9126ba.jpg

k2_zpsa263fda5.jpg

k3_zps20f5ceb2.jpg

I1_zpsa4ea3d7c.jpg

I2_zps74e7e026.jpg

I3_zps34ae553f.jpg

Back in Ogden:
o2_zps36316120.jpg

o1_zps7a69b145.jpg

Enjoy the pics.

Off to the Easter Jeep Safari!

Last edited:

NHarris

Some pics from the EJS 2013... Joined the Red Rock 4-Wheelers for a Saturday run on the top of the world trail. The night before I decided to do a quick night run on fins n things which was quite fun.

I ran into an issue in Moab. My sway bar end link nut worked itself loose so coming back through that canyon took some slowing down around the corners... Decided that before I went to Moab for this weekend I'd buy some quick disconnects.

ssh6314

Awesome pics. You need to get a Clayton long arm under that thing :p

Sent from my EVO-3d using WAYALIFE app.

TrailRidden

awesome pics! and i love those coopers. I ran a multiple set of coopers on a silverado for about 5 years. what an excellent tire. :thumb:

NHarris

Broke down and bought new headlights. Hated how clean my Jeep looked and how horrific the lights were. Amazing the difference such a simple thing makes. Couldn't be happier; now to add bushwackers and 2011 style badging.

NHarris

Bragging time here...
These are from a month ago. Did Hell's Revenge with my sway bars connected and had little issues. I led a group of Fords with 4-6" lifts through and they struggled just a little more than my Jeep on a 3" lift did. I would've disconnected the sway bar but the previous day I did that and with no retainers the spring fell out when I over flexed it. My apologies for the dust on the pictures. Didn't realize it until afterwards (I do have photoshop but haven't cleaned em up).

The group at the start... The Jeep looks so tiny compared to these rigs. The guy with the red Explorer was spit-shining his rig before going in.... :rock:

The entrance. Good start to an amazing trail.

Waiting for the rest to make it up.

Chilling at one of the hot tubs...

And me and the Jeep on top of the world

And...last but not least... Time to rep for the forum!

The Jeep has definitely proved its worthiness. Almost did the tip over challenge but decided to stay away without disconnecting the sway bars. Had a blast; this group was an amazing group to wheel with!

Last edited:

Napalm90

Bragging time here...
These are from a month ago. Did Hell's Revenge with my sway bars connected and had little issues. I led a group of Fords with 4-6" lifts through and they struggled just a little more than my Jeep on a 3" lift did. I would've disconnected the sway bar but the previous day I did that and with no retainers the spring fell out when I over flexed it. My apologies for the dust on the pictures. Didn't realize it until afterwards (I do have photoshop but haven't cleaned em up).

The group at the start... The Jeep looks so tiny compared to these rigs. The guy with the red Explorer was spit-shining his rig before going in.... :rock:

The entrance. Good start to an amazing trail.

Waiting for the rest to make it up.

Chilling at one of the hot tubs...

And me and the Jeep on top of the world

And...last but not least... Time to rep for the forum!

The Jeep has definitely proved its worthiness. Almost did the tip over challenge but decided to stay away without disconnecting the sway bars. Had a blast; this group was an amazing group to wheel with!

Great pics!!!!! I can't wait to go there one day!!!!

Sent via carrier pigeon

NHarris

Well after the front springs finally settled, the front end had a bad rake to it... Finally ordered a set of Rough Country 3/4" spacers. The Jeep sits very close to level. 3 1/4" front lift and 2.5" rear lift. Sits very nicely now...

And this pigeon apparently liked my Jeep so much it wanted to make it home!

These were taken with my phone...so not too great of quality.

NHarris

Its sad that it all came to an end so quickly...but I traded in the Grand Cherokee at the local Kia dealership... :thinking:

But....

I have a new Jeep to welcome to the family! I almost went for a JK, but got a killer price on this 2004 TJ Wrangler. I'm a little iffy on the color but not a big deal overall... Its a 4.0L L6, automatic, X trim level, and is very clean! Can't wait to see where this build will go, but I'm looking forward to it!

TrailRidden

I loved the way your WJ was sitting! made me want one. Sad to see her go. But congratz on the TJ! There are just so many more options out there for wranglers. :beer:

NHarris

Thanks all! I just was starting to hit into dead ends with this as far as modding went on the WJ. I decided to just say screw it and buy something that has almost limitless options. I'm not doing anything too crazy...yet. :cheesy: But thats a joke.

Top Bottom