2011 JKX participants: Royal gorge is on fire.

Yeahright

Mate, I'm from Australia, and after watching the JKX vids I wanted to go there, even from somebody across the other side of the world, this is shocking, I hope all the residents are OK, and to anybody who lives in the area of the fire all our prayers are with you, stay safe.

Evilidea

From the looks of the pic I would say those Colo Fire Fighters know their business, but who knows maybe it was devine luck, but I would bet FD controlled that situation. Any updates from locals as most news is all about NSA IRS and I don't hear crap about Colo Fires?

Ldogg

65% containment in the Black Forest fire, and structure protection was there primary focus. 482 homes lost though, but it burned so quickly east and then back burned into fresh fuel that they could only do so much. Lots of air support and it got here quickly to help them out. One of the cool stories was how two fire companies decided to take a stand and save a school in there. They backed up to the building, dug a trench, and saved it. They are all truly hero's. one other cool story was how the military was involved, and how one of the national guardsmen said he had been helping in other countries for so many years, he was proud to help out Americans. We dropped off 10 cases of Gatorade and 6 boxes of granola bars at the fire station on Wednesday in appreciation for their efforts. The local care and share food bank was taking donations and needed Gatorade for them Wednesday, and in a couple hours got thousands of pounds of items, mostly liquid for them.

13JKUR

I can't believe all this has happened. We were just at royal gorge 3 weeks ago for the day. It's sad and unbelievable this happened.

Ldogg

Royal gorge fire is 100% contained as of tonight.

Yeah it's pretty crazy. Hopefully we don't have any more.

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
Just read my high school buddy, the one who helped me build "Linebacker", lost his home and race shop in the Black Forest fire near Colorado Springs. Apparently he jumped on his D-9 Cat and bladed firebreaks that spared many homes, but couldn't save his own. He and his brother could only stand by and watch it burn.:tearsdrip:
'48 CJ-2A.jpg

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Old thread or not, it's great to hear that they have rebuilt and are reopening. Place is definitely on my bucket list.

Top Bottom