2012 overheating....

Ran into the lady from all J Jeep at the expo and she said it sucks what you are going through, she could not believe that i have known you since i was in my teens....hope you get all this figured out soon and worked out, it really does suck that you are making payments on something that is not even in your driveway....

Snsrubicon

Overheating

Ran into the lady from all J Jeep at the expo and she said it sucks what you are going through, she could not believe that i have known you since i was in my teens....hope you get all this figured out soon and worked out, it really does suck that you are making payments on something that is not even in your driveway....

Yes it does suck, going to dealer tomorrow and gonna try and wedge my foot in someone ass...tried being nice,

Snsrubicon

Overheating

Yes it does suck, going to dealer tomorrow and gonna try and wedge my foot in someone ass...tried being nice,

Ok so looks like new motor. The made him take out the thermostat and run it, if it still overheated well then new motor, will find out tomorrow. Chrysler rep will call into factory to ok new motor. Lots of political crap I guess. So if all goes well I will get to drive the jeep in about 2 more weeks.lol. But was told by the tech the new motor will have all updated parts, what does that say about everyone's old motor...hope it's not a major recall down the road ....will let you know in a few days and hope to have a motor on the way.

RockyJk

Ok so looks like new motor. The made him take out the thermostat and run it, if it still overheated well then new motor, will find out tomorrow. Chrysler rep will call into factory to ok new motor. Lots of political crap I guess. So if all goes well I will get to drive the jeep in about 2 more weeks.lol. But was told by the tech the new motor will have all updated parts, what does that say about everyone's old motor...hope it's not a major recall down the road ....will let you know in a few days and hope to have a motor on the way.

Did u wedge Ur foot in someone's ass?? Lmao hope you get your jeep back soon! :thumbup:

Snsrubicon

Overheating jk

Did u wedge Ur foot in someone's ass?? Lmao hope you get your jeep back soon! :thumbup:

Well I was called yesterday and told I new crate motor was on the way. I hope this is over soon. New motor has all new updated parts. Hopefully will run with no issues. Any I only had to put half my shoe in...not bad. Really I have to say the wait was due to corp...the jeep dealer was pushing for new motor after the head was replaced..corp made them try all the other things. Well thanks for listening...we'll let you know when the new motor is in

Scott

TrailBear

Good to hear, sucks it took so long, but at least you get a fresh start this way not just a bandaid fix of what they think is causing it.

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
I wish I knew too. Didn't have the problem at first even with 37's and stock gears but, over time, I did start to see my temp needle get up to 3/4 on the gauge when climbing long steep mountain grades especially if it's hot out and I have the AC on. Don't know if you have anything like that out where you're at but, that's the only time I see it happen.

This happens with a bone stock wrangler as well. Getting hot is perfectly normal, even says so in the manual. Running 37s will just speed up the heating up, but it's nothing to be concerned about. Just need to take it easy for a minute and the temps drop quickly. Sounds to me like he has an issue with his cooling system if he's heating up form normal driving.

Snsrubicon

Overheating jk

Ok so the motor showed up today. Going on 60 days..I really can't tell if it was the dealer or corp that is the problem. Seems the dealer has tried to help but district put up a fight saying I put the stop leak in the motor and that it has a banks air box on it. One issue after another..called the lemon law layer he states Chrysler will give me some sort of settlement for it taking so long. That would be interesting to see what this is all about. So hopefully within a few days I will have my jeep back....keeping my fingers crossed

Skid_Kid

Ok so the motor showed up today. Going on 60 days..I really can't tell if it was the dealer or corp that is the problem. Seems the dealer has tried to help but district put up a fight saying I put the stop leak in the motor and that it has a banks air box on it. One issue after another..called the lemon law layer he states Chrysler will give me some sort of settlement for it taking so long. That would be interesting to see what this is all about. So hopefully within a few days I will have my jeep back....keeping my fingers crossed

Good luck!! :thumb:

Snsrubicon

Jk overheating

Ok so I finally got it back, it now has a brand new 2014 motor. Direct from the assembly line...took almost 60 days for Chrysler to ok this. I feel it took way to long. I will say the dealer was on my side and pushed it the best they could. The new motor has all the updates so should have no more issues. It didn't help that the other dealer filler the radiator with stop leak and the wrong coolant . Any way thank for checking in...time to go out and play

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
This happens with a bone stock wrangler as well. Getting hot is perfectly normal, even says so in the manual. Running 37s will just speed up the heating up, but it's nothing to be concerned about. Just need to take it easy for a minute and the temps drop quickly. Sounds to me like he has an issue with his cooling system if he's heating up form normal driving.

Again, NEVER had this problem bone stock and even with 37's and stock gears I didn't have it until about a year later.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Ok so I finally got it back, it now has a brand new 2014 motor. Direct from the assembly line...took almost 60 days for Chrysler to ok this. I feel it took way to long. I will say the dealer was on my side and pushed it the best they could. The new motor has all the updates so should have no more issues. It didn't help that the other dealer filler the radiator with stop leak and the wrong coolant . Any way thank for checking in...time to go out and play

Glad to hear your dealer helped you get this problem fixed. Sucks that it took so long but, at least you should be fixed up.

1RNGR

Caught the Bug
I'd bet you a dollar there's air in the system after radiator change. Some dealerships aren't bleeding these engines right. You can read about this on JKF. Mostly after the drivers side head change. Your engine probably really isn't overheating but there is air where the sensor is instead of coolant.

Sent from my eyephone while using my eyephone
What is the best way to "bleed" the air from the coolant system after replacing the coolant, had to do a timing chain, so new coolant.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
What is the best way to "bleed" the air from the coolant system after replacing the coolant, had to do a timing chain, so new coolant.
What I do at work (if the vac and fill isn’t available) is fill the coolant up when it’s cold, start vehicle, coolant level will go down so top off while it’s running. Hold engine rpm at 2-3k for 10-15 mins. Check coolant level after this time. Add as needed. Take vehicle for 2 mile or so drive then shut it off and let it cool down. The air bubbles will force themselves out as the Jeep cools. Top off as needed.

Bierpower

Hooked
If you work on your own stuff enough to justify the $20, these funnels are handy.

Radiator Funnel

It sits in the high point of the system and acts as a high reservoir while the engine warms up. Once the bubbles stop coming out and the coolant level starts to push into the funnel you turn off the engine, plug the funnel, and remove it. Then just put the cap on and top off the reservoir.

As cozdude stated above, you'll still want to give it some revs to get things circulating and push the air from the high spots and check the level after the first trip.

1RNGR

Caught the Bug
Turned out to be a bad Thermostat, even though the one in there brand new. So Overheating only at highway speeds problem solved, at least in this case.

Top Bottom