2013 jeep 4dr is all over the road on the highway .not even drivable floats all over

Jeep87$

After the high steer kit was put on and ball joints and synergy tie rod bar A bird just will control I'm still before that I just drove really rough I have a cheap rough country lift kit on it so I upgraded to clyton off-road and BDS

Jeep87$

Upper control arms to it drive really rough before all this but I had a lift on it for about 40 k and all this happen

GregMort13

Caught the Bug
After the high steer kit was put on and ball joints and synergy tie rod bar A bird just will control I'm still before that I just drove really rough I have a cheap rough country lift kit on it so I upgraded to clyton off-road and BDS

Honestly you should really check your castor. I know if your castor is off your jeep will do crazy things like what your describing. Also, did you do a draglink flip kit?

Berzerker

Supporting Advertiser TrailJeeps
Sounds like it's toed out to far. On a rear wheel drive vehicle it should be towed in not out.

WJCO

Meme King
Honestly you should really check your castor. I know if your castor is off your jeep will do crazy things like what your describing. Also, did you do a draglink flip kit?

He said earlier that caster was at 7 and he dropped to 5.5. I was thinking the same thing. 5.5 if anything should help with returning to center.

Jeep87$

I am going to go to the alignment shop tomorrow and tell them put it back in stock setting . Correct does your alignment change when you lift it

WJCO

Meme King
Good call on the toe check if you haven't already. The ONLY other thing I can think of and this is a big stretch is that you have a binding outer axle joint that won't let your steering return to center. I've seen ball joints do it on the Dodge 2500s and 3500s but as you said, your ball joints are brand new.

Jeep87$

The wheel is straight is drive straight but once you hit dip or a bump at high-speed and likes to pull to the right or left it depends what mood is in. On the highway you have to white knuckle it the whole time and really pay attention . 50mph to 80mph

WJCO

Meme King
I am going to go to the alignment shop tomorrow and tell them put it back in stock setting . Correct does your alignment change when you lift it

Your caster does change. Camber stays the same. And I believe toe stays the same too. I imagine toe would change with the high steer kit though.

WJCO

Meme King
The wheel is straight is drive straight but once you hit dip or a bump at high-speed and likes to pull to the right or left it depends what mood is in. On the highway you have to white knuckle it the whole time and really pay attention . 50mph to 80mph

That tells me something is keeping it in one direction. Have you tried removing the stabilizer and driving it just to see if the symptom goes away? Another thing I would suggest is to jack up the front end and turn the wheels back and forth, see if you can see/feel any parts that are binding. Even check your steering shaft, etc.

Jeep87$

I had a double and now I have a new rancho 2000 Extreme vehicle builders did the work Connecticut and are clueless at this point they don't know what it can be

GregMort13

Caught the Bug
Yes I drill the knuckle out ton7/8 and out in a high steer kit they call it same thing right ?

Which kit did you use? I bought the evo drag link flip kit and drilled out to 7/8 and was experiencing exactly what you are describing. Hinrichs went through the same exact thing.

Evo recently changed their directions from drilling out 13/16 to 7/8. Me and jim were both experiencing flighty steering like your describing and both resolved our issues two different ways.

My correction involved calling synergy and buying the silver sleeve from them for 20$ shipped. Synergy has always used a 7/8s drill bit and their silver sleeve is different then evos. This solved my problem and tightened my steering right up. The only downfall to this solution was the sleeve was a little taller then evos so my nut is threaded on not as far as i would like. Nothing a little blue loctite wouldnt fix. Problem solved.

Hinrichs (Jim) actually went on amazon and ordered a new passenger side steering knuckle, ordered a 13/16 bit, redrilled his new knuckle and problem solved using the evo sleeve still.

My honest opinion is to go for Jims fix. Its the correct way to fix this problem just a little pricier.

Make sure when you drill your knuckle you drill nice and slow and careful and use drilling oil to cool down the metal. Ovaling this hole will cause you nothing but problems. My 7/8s hole with a 13/16 sleeve in it actually broke my evo sleeve in half because it was so loose. It being so loose and driving my jeep back and forth to work woukd actually cause the nut to back itself out. I would have to tighten this bolt every week so my drag link didnt fall out and me lose steering.

Just my 2 cents. Hope this helps.

GregMort13

Caught the Bug

YES! This was mine and hinrichs problem! Grab your draglink near your steering knuckle and yank on it. I bet you its loose.

Top Bottom