2013 JKU build finished............ for now :)

Bacon

I did it myself in my garage. It's my 10th jeep and been wheeling since 1977, so I've done it before. But this is by far my favorite.

I'm glad to read that. I'm tired of reading "this is my first Jeep" next to highly modified Jeeps on 37-40" tires.

kick-ass Jeep man.

phillypete

Can you post of pictures as well as your thoughts on the new gen 2 brawler rear bumper. I am debating gen 1 vs gen 2.

optimus prime

Looks good. Interesting choices on the parts. Aev coils, evo double d, synergy, etc. a bit of everything going on. It's a frankenrig

The plan was to go with The EVO lever Kit in the rear and coil overs in the front and I actually ordered and paid for the lever kit. Then I got a call from Northridge three days later asking if I was aware that the Fox Shocks where not included in the already lofty price tag and that when all was said and done it would be over $4000.00. This was over and above the $$ I already spent on the long arm. My wife is a wonderful patient person that has, for the most part being accepting of all the money I have spent on my passion but I dint think she would understand that so I cancelled the order and went with the coils and shocks.

But Thanks for you opinion though....

I'm glad to read that. I'm tired of reading "this is my first Jeep" next to highly modified Jeeps on 37-40" tires.

kick-ass Jeep man.

Are only veteran Jeep owners allowed to build their rigs to run 37"-40"s? I was unaware of a Jeep ownership requirement for certain mods.

andrew -

optimus prime

How's the new psc tire Carrier working for you? I'm looking at getting one

So far so good. It needs a little more set up because the wheel shakes a little on bumpy roads. I also had to drill two more holes to rais the wheel a little, but that was a preference thing. I felt the wheel sat too low for my liking. I actually had the first gen bumper but when the new one came out I sold it and bought the 2nd gen. I love the design.

So far so good. It needs a little more set up because the wheel shakes a little on bumpy roads. I also had to drill two more holes to rais the wheel a little, but that was a preference thing. I felt the wheel sat too low for my liking. I actually had the first gen bumper but when the new one came out I sold it and bought the 2nd gen. I love the design.

Good to hear! So I assume my tiny 35" will work well. Great looking jeep btw! Wish I had those kind of funds

optimus prime

Great looking rig!

What lead you to go with 5x5.5 on the hubs?

I wanted the warn locking hubs and the one ton inner's. The warn hubs measure 4 1/4 If I had gone with 5 on 5 bolt pattern there wouldn't be enough material between the hub and the studs. (If it is even possible, I have my doubts) The Hutchinson wheels I am running are also CJ wheels because they have a 4 1/4 center which fit the warn hub. The warn hubs are one of my favorite mods. Although I haven't calculated it I'm sure mu fuel millage is better because I'm not pushing the front diff around.

Cheers
Grant

optimus prime

any pics of your rear anti-rock sway. thinking about that route. any ride feel difference?

andrew -

No pics of the sway bar yet sorry. I only installed it two days ago and I'm sure that there is a difference in handling. I purchased the Anti rock when I thought I was getting the EVO Lever kit and when I cancelled that order I kept the sway bar. I am yet to be converted though. From a mechanical point of view I'm not sure how one can ask a mechanical device to do two polar opposite functions. How can it be nice a firm on the highway and then loose a supple on the trail. I guess that its a compromise and that there will be some highway drivability lost and at the same time some ability to flex as much on the trail. I'll see what happens. When I was younger I wanted a flex monster but now that I'm older If I lift a wheel in an obstacle but still get through it, I'm OK with that.

Also, know that you will have to move your rear break lines to the inside of the frame rails before you can install the Anti Rock but they supply extended break lines with the kit.

No pics of the sway bar yet sorry. I only installed it two days ago and I'm sure that there is a difference in handling. I purchased the Anti rock when I thought I was getting the EVO Lever kit and when I cancelled that order I kept the sway bar. I am yet to be converted though. From a mechanical point of view I'm not sure how one can ask a mechanical device to do two polar opposite functions. How can it be nice a firm on the highway and then loose a supple on the trail. I guess that its a compromise and that there will be some highway drivability lost and at the same time some ability to flex as much on the trail. I'll see what happens. When I was younger I wanted a flex monster but now that I'm older If I lift a wheel in an obstacle but still get through it, I'm OK with that.

Also, know that you will have to move your rear break lines to the inside of the frame rails before you can install the Anti Rock but they supply extended break lines with the kit.

kewl thanks for the info. ya i know the OEM rear sway is soft enough, just dont like how it rubs on the frame when flexed... any pics when you get a chance would be great!

thanks

andrew -

Top Bottom