2013 JKU build finished............ for now :)

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
Very nice and well thought out selection of goodies. Also impressively short period of time in the home garage. I guess there is little substitute for "been there, done that" nine times before. Well played!:thumb:

pvanweelden

The York is mounted on the ORO Kit. Its a little pricey but when you receive it you'll see why. The kit is pretty elaborate and uses a rubbed coupler that meshes into the spokes on the crank shaft pulley making it a direct drive compressor. The install went exactly as they claimed it would. There is no vibration or any evidence that there is a compressor mounted to the crank while sitting behind the wheel. I have kept the plumbing very simple and clean, using a manifold block which houses a solid state 120 PSI pressure switch, a small tank mounted forward of the Evap canister, and a air chuck mounted under the hood. I have also mounted the switch next to the air chuck. I feel there is no need to have it in the cab as I have to open the hood to hook up the air hose anyway. I have mounted the manifold and pressure switch in behind the inner fender liner right below the brake booster. With it mounted here it is out of sight while still relatively accessible keeping the install clean and tidy.

I would definitely recommend the ORO Kit albeit a little expensive, but if I where to buy an electric comp. I would still pay about $500.00 after all is said and done.

I will post some pics of the install if anyone wants to see it, just haven't taken any yet.

Cheers
Grant

Nice! would love to see some pics of the York install, just did one on my TJ and love it! 10 CFM versus 1-2 with electric

Top Bottom