Staff member
Here is a hi-res HDR group shot...

attachment.php

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Awesome!

How far away is this from the KOH area?

Pretty far but, there are other dry lakes in the area. In fact, Hammertown is setup on Means Dry Lake but, I don't think they'd be too happy about you doing this there. :D

MTG

Caught the Bug
Pretty far but, there are other dry lakes in the area. In fact, Hammertown is setup on Means Dry Lake but, I don't think they'd be too happy about you doing this there. :D

LOL! Should I wait and do it around 7:30 am on Friday...that way I wouldn't bother anyone. :crazyeyes:

JAGS

Hooked
Rocketing across the dry lake bed got me thinking about a previous run when we did this...

:cool:

This captures only half the story. What is crazy is flying this fast with about only 10ft visibility hoping the first row of jeeps is at least 11 ft in front of you. Absolutely wild! My first time was the desert run we just did and with the whole family I was a little nervous on the skinny. But I did get it to 70-75 with 50 jeeps out on the lakebed. This should be a quarterly thing! Not the same bed, but travel to different ones all over. :rock:

jelliott076

This captures only half the story. What is crazy is flying this fast with about only 10ft visibility hoping the first row of jeeps is at least 11 ft in front of you. Absolutely wild! My first time was the desert run we just did and with the whole family I was a little nervous on the skinny. But I did get it to 70-75 with 50 jeeps out on the lakebed. This should be a quarterly thing! Not the same bed, but travel to different ones all over. :rock:

Bro! You forgot the part about 50 jeeps at 70 to 80mph half of which were heading in different directions. Madness and fun!! :brows: :rock:

RockyJk

Or the 1 ton chevy coming at you at 70MPH on the same side of the road. :cheesy: Ask McPuck about it. :thumb:

That pathfinder kept hearing on the cb that he was on the left than on the right than back to the left i was like wtf!?! Haha

Sent from my DROID RAZR using WAYALIFE mobile app

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
That pathfinder kept hearing on the cb that he was on the left than on the right than back to the left i was like wtf!?! Haha

Sent from my DROID RAZR using WAYALIFE mobile app

haha I was right behind Eddie going 75 and only saw that pathfinder on the right and didn't see a chevy.

mcpuck

Caught the Bug
Or the 1 ton chevy coming at you at 70MPH on the same side of the road. :cheesy: Ask McPuck about it. :thumb:

that sh*t ain’t funny! :shock::eek: No one called the chevy out on the radio and he came out of a cloud of dust. :standing wave: He had me fish-tailing and I ended up slamming into the berm after I had slowed down to about 40 mph. All I could think about was launching off that berm and rolling it. :grayno:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
that sh*t ain’t funny! :shock::eek: No one called the chevy out on the radio and he came out of a cloud of dust. :standing wave: He had me fish-tailing and I ended up slamming into the berm after I had slowed down to about 40 mph. All I could think about was launching off that berm and rolling it. :grayno:

Its funny now that it didn't happen. I think he came out after the second car in line (which was me) and you were not too far behind (what 6th or so).

Top Bottom