2014 JK Suspension

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Like I said, there are a lot of ways to get you up onto 37's and budget dictates a lot of it. If the cost of coil overs have you wincing, I would recommend you give something like the EVO Enforcer a look. If the shocks that they sell with it are too expensive, you can always substitute them for something more reasonable like a set of Rancho 7000's or Bilstein 5100's. If that's still too much, there are other options still available to you like the Rancho Sport kit. It just depends on what you are wanting to do and how much you can afford.

Wankel

Cool deal, im sure I will learn more by the time im ready to get suspension. Going to focus on drivetrain for now.

Cool deal, im sure I will learn more by the time im ready to get suspension. Going to focus on drivetrain for now.

May I suggest before pulling the trigger on a lift see if there are any in your area that are running different lifts and take a ride. This will help you narrow down which lift you want. There is nothing worse than spending money on a lift to find out it is not what you want and have to spend more on another set up. Ask me how I know.

Good luck.
Will

kimer82

most importantly...
in jeep world or any mods with your jeep..

take your time and research whats out there. even coil spacers / all stock parts w/ 37" tires might even work for you to just start off.

dont need to buy expensive parts just to find out you need to upgrade them in the future. take your time on what offroad you are interested in first, try offroading with your stock jeep ( which it will do more than you think )
and go from there.

enjoy your ride!

Wankel

Thanks guys, yeah im itching to go out, anywhere I don't care, just want to see how it is. I should have the clearance with my Flat fenders now. Might try to find a used pair of tires 35 or 37's for sale, but the crappy part is that my Polar came with 18's not 17's, so it will be hard to find them here.

Christarp

Thanks guys, yeah im itching to go out, anywhere I don't care, just want to see how it is. I should have the clearance with my Flat fenders now. Might try to find a used pair of tires 35 or 37's for sale, but the crappy part is that my Polar came with 18's not 17's, so it will be hard to find them here.

You can see if anyone will trade rubicon takeoffs for yours. Rubi takeoffs can be had for super cheap because they're really plentiful. I got a whole set of 5 (including tires) with TPMS sensors in them for $200

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

Honestly, if you've got some time before you need to be running anything like the JKX, I would highly recommend that you just get something cheap and simple like a budget boost and run it with a set of 35's. I can assure you that it's a great setup, one that I have personally run in my old 2009 JKU X and done trails like the Rubicon without lockers. Or hell, just get out there as is and have some fun. I guarantee you that you'll learn more about wheeling stock than you could ever hope to in a built up Jeep.

You can see if anyone will trade rubicon takeoffs for yours. Rubi takeoffs can be had for super cheap because they're really plentiful. I got a whole set of 5 (including tires) with TPMS sensors in them for $200

Agreed. Look for a set of Rubi take offs.

TheStick

Or hell, just get out there as is and have some fun. I guarantee you that you'll learn more about wheeling stock than you could ever hope to in a built up Jeep

Totally agree with this. Don't wait to get out just because you're stock. It's still a Jeep.

JAGS

Hooked
There is some really good advice being given here. Most importantly, just get out there and enjoy your jeep. I'd done probably a couple dozen trails and trips all while stock.

I went a LONG time before doing any significant mods, nearly two yrs in fact. There are ways to gradually build by doing things not related to suspension. Its what i did and just one option that might allow you to save up for everything else.

I also listened to folks like Eddie and others on here and got to know a lot of cool people in the process. Can honestly say they never steered me wrong.

- Jason

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I have 18" wheels, rubis run 17" no?

Sent from my SM-N900P using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yes, they come in 17" and it's a very common size. You will still need to run 1.5" wheel spacers with them in order to clear 12.50 wide tires.

Wankel

Yes, they come in 17" and it's a very common size. You will still need to run 1.5" wheel spacers with them in order to clear 12.50 wide tires.

So I would need the wheels too, what disadvantage would it be to just buy tires for my 18" polar wheels?

JAGS

Hooked
So I would need the wheels too, what disadvantage would it be to just buy tires for my 18" polar wheels?

They will generally be more expensive and you will have fewer options with the 18" wheels.

You can often find used rubi wheels (w/tires) for cheap or other aftermarket 17" wheels.

- Jason

Wankel

They will generally be more expensive and you will have fewer options with the 18" wheels.

You can often find used rubi wheels (w/tires) for cheap or other aftermarket 17" wheels.

- Jason

Gotcha. Yeah I might be able to get some wheels for dirt cheap through a friends shop, but they aren't really offroad wheels, no bead locks available.

Top Bottom