2014 JKUR Lift Ideas

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
As mentioned, the RK mid arms have a shortest length that are about 1.5" longer than stock. Even at 3"-4" of lift, you don't really need to be more than 3/8" longer than stock to get your axles centered and going more than that will cause enough coil bow in the rear to cause them to make contact with your rear track bar unless you install new adjustable lower spring perches. Wedges alone will not be enough especially on a 2-door. Up front, you can have enough bow to cause the driverside coil hit the sway bar and the passenger side to drag on the bump stop tower. Just something to be aware of.

As far as drive shafts go, if you decide to get a Tom Woods, be sure to pay for upgraded Neapco or Spicer joints. The Chinese joints he uses standard are ones that I see fail all the time.

Oh boy. Its like you've been through it already :p short arm it is.

yea what eddie said. the RK mid arms are to long. i have them on my 2 door and its a purchase i could rewind. i didnt do my research like i did for everything else and just bought. :doh::doh::doh::doh: i ended up having to modify my rear lower arm to stock length just to get my trackbar our from inbetween my coils and even then i still needed correction wedges to get it our completely.

TBird

Well good to know. :thumbup: I'll have to look at options when I get home for the proper kit that isn't evo. Maybe I'll have my lift sooner than I thought

TBird

I like the looks and price of the rancho lifts. Will the 4" sport kit have what a need for proper pinion angle/castor adjustment or should I upgrade to the trail kit for a fully adjustable kit for "peace of mind" insurance?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I like the looks and price of the rancho lifts. Will the 4" sport kit have what a need for proper pinion angle/castor adjustment or should I upgrade to the trail kit for a fully adjustable kit for "peace of mind" insurance?

Yes and no. It does come with control arm relocation bracket and that will take care of most of what you need but, if you get a new rear drive shaft, you will still need adjustable upper control arms. I would also recommend that you get something like an EVO or AEV draglink flip kit instead of installing the dropped pitman arm that comes with the kit. Even at that, you will still be working off a slim budget.

TBird

I will be getting upgraded front and rear shafts and the EVO flip kit is sitting in the garage :) never again will I touch a dropped pitman arm, not after the last jeep. Sounds like the trail kit will be my best bet. And it comes in red :D Thanks for everyone's input. I'd like to lift it ONCE and not regret anything like last time.

Top Bottom