2014 JKUR small coolant leak at thermostat housing

tdougherty81

Jeep should recall this faulty thermostat. I am at the dealer and the mechanic showed me multiple similar broken leaking thermostats he had sitting in his old parts bin. He showed me my leak and then showed me three more thermos that he replaced recently. Mine is a 2013 with only 16k miles and is only 2 months past the warranty (bought new 8/2014). Service manager approved approved special discount due to timing.
Just got done replacing mine. Had a P0128 code. Replaced the thermostat and coolant temperature sensor. Thermostat housing appeared to be leaking on the back side. Could see it until I had it off.

Sent from my LG-H872 using WAYALIFE mobile app

daltexjeeper

I’ll keep this thread alive in case there are others out there. 2013 JKUR with 16K miles. Out of warranty and have the same super slow leak from the plastic housing screw. Probably a hairline crack. Going to replace it myself when I get the time to do so.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Tree Frog

Yeah keep it alive.

Here I am again with a strong smell of antifreeze. I have to add about a 1/4 cup every month or two.
Just dont drive it enough. 2013 that just turned over 29,000 mi.

No signs of a leak yet.
Been too busy to really get into it and see if I can find anything.

I do have a LED UV light and I need to find some of that dye. Anybody have a source?

Top Bottom