2014 SEMA Fab Fours Legend Jeep JK Wrangler Unlimited

This rig is doing exactly what it is supposed to do, and doing it well. I have seen more of this rig on social media than any other at SEMA so far. While I don't like it, they did a fantastic job.

mastrcruse

Take the fenders off and I'd wheel it. If the suspension and other things have been completed with high quality it'd be an awesome rig (again minus the fenders haha)

RBCON

I was rushing through SEMA last night after work trying see as much as possible before 5pm and saw this one. I didn't get a change to look at much but I hoped that you would post it for comedy relief. :D

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
was a good looking build until they put those windows that don't open and the flares on.
don't know why they spent the time to make all the window openings match to begin with and then put those fill panels in :thinking:
View attachment 107974

This pic looks pretty sweet I liked it much better like this. Those fenders and windows have got to go!! The huge piece of rubber around the windows really is ugly!

Tree Frog

HA! Love it. Thanks for posting that.
I really dug this thing when I first saw it. I know haters gonna hate and all. Yeah its a bit over the top and kinda weird, but in a cool sort of way.
Remember its a SHOW car.

Would probably like it better if it was green :cheesy:

Wardell

I just saw Jay's video too. I was kinda disappointed that he got woo'ed into showing one of these SEMA abominations that aren't designed to do anything other than look a certain way (and I wouldn't even call that looking good). It was funny listening to the other guy describe this thing too... he tried to make it sound that a lot of the design was for aesthetics rather than just looks, but he didn't convince me that it would ever do well off road. And now they're apparently working on a second one of these.

He said something about getting more and more off road vehicles on the show too. I know he had one Jeep on there before (I can't remember who built it, but it was a decently built pickup conversion) and a few rally cars. I think someone with a very well built up Jeep should offer to drive out to his garage and show him how a good Jeep is supposed to perform.

Also, I'd bet that little drive he took was the furthest this thing has been driven other than on the back of a trailer...

RUBINOT

Caught the Bug
I give him a thumbs up for creativity and for show quality.

As far as practicality.....thumbs down. It apeared to drive all right on the roadway, except for the steering wheel being off center. When Jay mentioned that, F4 said yeah it's a prototype and moves all over the place, Jay made a funny face. I also noticed off road was all flat dirt roads and you could here metal on metal as the vehicle suspension maneuvered over the small imperfections in the road.

But as everyone said, this was made for SHOW.

SmokinV10

Caught the Bug
Terrible. The "grumper" as a product idea is unique but I'm not sure how much I like it. I hate some of the other grilles, but this one isn't that bad for someone who wants that ultra futuristic look.

Gadget

Caught the Bug
HA! Love it. Thanks for posting that.
I really dug this thing when I first saw it. I know haters gonna hate and all. Yeah its a bit over the top and kinda weird, but in a cool sort of way.
Remember its a SHOW car.

Would probably like it better if it was green :cheesy:

I think if it was green it would make a great villain car for a Batman movie.

The chopped top is cool, if you went fast enough it looks like the fenders would produce lift or tear off. Makes me think of the hot rods of George Barris, Munster Koach, Pizza Wagon, the Red Baron, anybody remember those?

KingCopperhead

It's interesting. They definitely put some work into it, and whether you like it or not it turns heads. Which is what a show vehicle is meant to do.

But nothing I'd ever want to own. Even if I had unlimited disposable income.

Would be nice if Jay had a more purpose built jk on his show. He's a performance guy, I would have thought he'd have something more functional. Hopefully next time he has an off road vehicle on his webshow it'll be something more appropriate for off road.

Top Bottom