2014 SEMA SNEAK PEEK : NEW Dynatrac Brake System

pastorwug

Teraflex says that the 2011 Master cylinder is (for some reason) smaller than previous years or doesn't work as well.
In their words:
"We have a brake master cylinder with an oversized bore that has 14% more flow. It is a recommended upgrade to provide a firmer pedal when using our Big Brake kit. This is a great solution to a softer pedal that may appear once you have had the Big Brake Kit. 2007-2008 and 2011 JKs have a greater need and we highly recommend this cylinder for those applications.

****The Heavy Duty Master cylinder Part# 4303450 is highly recommended on all JKs and may be required for those Jeeps with overly soft pedal.****"

Never could get a definitive answer from the Brake guy here on WAL - anyone know why the 2011 needs a MC upgrade?

snopro

Banned
Teraflex says that the 2011 Master cylinder is (for some reason) smaller than previous years or doesn't work as well.
In their words:
"We have a brake master cylinder with an oversized bore that has 14% more flow. It is a recommended upgrade to provide a firmer pedal when using our Big Brake kit. This is a great solution to a softer pedal that may appear once you have had the Big Brake Kit. 2007-2008 and 2011 JKs have a greater need and we highly recommend this cylinder for those applications.

****The Heavy Duty Master cylinder Part# 4303450 is highly recommended on all JKs and may be required for those Jeeps with overly soft pedal.****"

Never could get a definitive answer from the Brake guy here on WAL - anyone know why the 2011 needs a MC upgrade?

According from TF the 2010 model has different master cylinder and don't require an upgrade and previous years and 2011 and later models may require upgraded master cylinders

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
In their words:

No. You DO NOT need a new master cylinder with a 2011 and up JK. The JK I tested this kit on was a 2014 JK and the pedal felt great. Some of the guys testing this kit out actually thought it felt better if only because it took less effort to stop the vehicle. If anything, changing out your master cylinder opens the doors to all kinds of issues that WILL REQUIRE you to do a dealer only ABS bleed in order to get a decent pedal feel back.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I have seen the tests done and the Dynatrac kit offers a faster stop and without the kind of nose dive or locking of brakes that you see on other kits. To me, it's a worthy upgrade for the price.

it absolutly is and one im strongly considering now. thanks for making my wallet shrink again! lol

See I learned something today that I did not know.

Thank you.

R/
Will

same here!

I dont think its that heafty a price considering the alternative.

That being possibly avoiding an accident. Investment in avoiding someone elses stupidity on the road.

They just hit a home run, for the price of new brakes this isn't really that bad of a price.

It's scary as hell to try and stop fast on 37's.

after looking up other full brake systems this isnt bad at all! deff adding this to my upgrade list

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
According from TF the 2010 model has different master cylinder and don't require an upgrade and previous years and 2011 and later models may require upgraded master cylinders

Maybe this is necessary for the TeraFlex kit but it is NOT for the Dynatrac kit. Braking performance is made possible at the brakes, both front and rear and not at the master cylinder. Pedal feel is NOT diminished on 2011 JK's and newer with the Dynatrac kit.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Is this the brake that came on my prorock80?

No. What you have is MUCH bigger. This is a kit for guys running factory axles up to a semi-float rear Trail or ProRock 60. A full-float ProRock 60 or 80 will use different bigger brakes. A front ProRock 60 will also be different and bigger.

snopro

Banned
No. You DO NOT need a new master cylinder with a 2011 and up JK. The JK I tested this kit on was a 2014 JK and the pedal felt great. Some of the guys testing this kit out actually thought it felt better if only because it took less effort to stop the vehicle. If anything, changing out your master cylinder opens the doors to all kinds of issues that WILL REQUIRE you to do a dealer only ABS bleed in order to get a decent pedal feel back.

I didn't know about dealer only, Anyone that has pneumatic bleeder can do a replacement unless I got lucky doing the last few.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I didn't know about dealer only, Anyone that has pneumatic bleeder can do a replacement.

A pneumatic bleeder will NOT do as good of a job as a scan tool using the ABS system to bleed the brakes or at least, not that I have seen. But, you can believe whatever it is you want to believe.

greenenvey

No. What you have is MUCH bigger. This is a kit for guys running factory axles up to a semi-float rear Trail or ProRock 60. A full-float ProRock 60 or 80 will use different bigger brakes. A front ProRock 60 will also be different and bigger.

Ahh OK that's what I though, thanks

snopro

Banned
We have a brake master cylinder with an oversized bore that has 14% more flow. It is a recommended upgrade to provide a firmer pedal when using our Big Brake kit. This is a great solution to a softer pedal that may appear once you have had the Big Brake Kit. 2007-2008 and 2011 JKs have a greater need and we highly recommend this cylinder for those applications.

****The Heavy Duty Master cylinder Part# 4303450 is highly recommended on all JKs and may be required for those Jeeps with overly soft pedal.****

snopro

Banned
A pneumatic bleeder will NOT do as good of a job as a scan tool using the ABS system to bleed the brakes or at least, not that I have seen. But, you can believe whatever it is you want to believe.

Luck and ignorance runs strong with me so that must be the reason :)

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
We have a brake master cylinder with an oversized bore that has 14% more flow. It is a recommended upgrade to provide a firmer pedal when using our Big Brake kit. This is a great solution to a softer pedal that may appear once you have had the Big Brake Kit. 2007-2008 and 2011 JKs have a greater need and we highly recommend this cylinder for those applications.

****The Heavy Duty Master cylinder Part# 4303450 is highly recommended on all JKs and may be required for those Jeeps with overly soft pedal.****

Fix to a poorly designed system ? Say it ain't so..,

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Fix to a poorly designed system ? Say it ain't so..,

LOL!! In all fairness, part of the problem could have something to do with TeraFlex uses a bigger brake caliper and that would cause a softer pedal feel. Being that this Dynatrac kit retains the factory piston part of the caliper and nothing else in the plumbing is tampered with, nothing changes in pedal feel. You just get much better and flatter braking without locking up or having the ABS kick in.

Top Bottom