2015 SEMA Amanda IFS/IRS Jeep JK Wrangler Unlimited

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Yeah, but by moving to an IFS/IRS suspension system it will limit many people who are on tighter budgets to mod vehicles enough to be as capable as a straight axle vehicle that they can actually afford. I think that it should be an option, I know making a jeep with straight axles and a jeep with IFS/IRS may be unpractical it would in fact be an awesome option, leaving the guys who like to heavily modify their jeeps with very large budgetsn(Eddie) haha make an awesome rig for me to enjoy via the intrawebs, but still allow for the moderate jeeper to have a very capable rig at a more reasonable price (such as an rubi with a basic coil and decent shock kit)
Just my two cents

It's really not that much more expensive. A set of coils is a set of coils, and a set of offset balljoints and you're in business. It's also not any more expensive when you go full retard build either.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Yeah, but by moving to an IFS/IRS suspension system it will limit many people who are on tighter budgets to mod vehicles enough to be as capable as a straight axle vehicle that they can actually afford. I think that it should be an option, I know making a jeep with straight axles and a jeep with IFS/IRS may be unpractical it would in fact be an awesome option, leaving the guys who like to heavily modify their jeeps with very large budgetsn(Eddie) haha make an awesome rig for me to enjoy via the intrawebs, but still allow for the moderate jeeper to have a very capable rig at a more reasonable price (such as an rubi with a basic coil and decent shock kit)
Just my two cents

They are not looking to sell to people on tight budgets. That's not their target consumer.

Ddays

Hooked
I would pay to see a comparison between this rig and one with the same level of mods on straight axles on a challenging trail, not just driving over a couple obstacles.
This IFS argument makes me want to gag sometimes. I'd love for someone to demo that the IFS is legit.

jesse3638

Hooked
It would be fun to see a side-by-side comparison of IFS/IRS vs. solid axle. I bet for sure IFS takes the open fast sections..;)

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I would pay to see a comparison between this rig and one with the same level of mods on straight axles on a challenging trail, not just driving over a couple obstacles.
This IFS argument makes me want to gag sometimes. I'd love for someone to demo that the IFS is legit.

You live in PA. You know nothing about what IFS can do, it's evident. Let it go.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass

Loren Heley won the Ultra 4 championship in one. Shannon Campbell's new car is IFS.

If it wasn't legit neither would be building and racing them.

Ddays

Hooked
You live in PA. You know nothing about what IFS can do, it's evident. Let it go.

Loren Heley won the Ultra 4 championship in one. Shannon Campbell's new car is IFS.

If it wasn't legit neither would be building and racing them.

WTF? Let what go? Where does it say I don't think IFS isn't legit? I said I'd like to see what this Jeep would do against a similarly modified Jeep because I think it
would work well, not that it wouldn't...

Last edited:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
WTF? Let what go? Where does it say I don't think IFS isn't legit? I said I'd like to see what this Jeep would do against a similarly modified Jeep because I think it
would work well, not that it wouldn't...

My bad. Thought you were that pop2tu guy that was saying it was dumb.

Recurve

Im from PA an I support IFS lol. Just cause we don't have the huge deserts an rocks doesn't mean we don't know how badass trophy trucks an ultra 4 rigs are. :bleh:

If I had the coined I would have a decked out trophy truck:daydream:

mackey

This is a badass build. I wish they included the price. Some KOH rigs are still solid axle. Genright's rig has done very well with a solid axle over the years. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1446754441.029483.jpg

Top Bottom