2016 Jeep Wrangler - Looks Like it's Coming for Sure

Ceithre

Call me a noob but uhh what are the benfits of a steel roof other than heavy? Durability?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ceithre

There are a lot of people who NEVER take their tops off. For them, this could be a perk. That, and you could have to come with rag top or dual sunroof.

LOL!! That too. :crazyeyes:

Hmmm I never had any issue with leaking *Crosses fingers*

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Irish JK

Caught the Bug
Over a year ago, I had posted up the following preview of Mopar's future of which was originally published on AllPar's website. At the time, the information was said to be a fixed representation of what we could expect to see and so far, it's been pretty accurate.

attachment.php

As shown for the Jeep brand, we did get a new Cherokee in 2013, we did get a refresh of the Grand Cherokee in 2013, we are now seeing a new B-Jeep called the Renegade in 2014 and so far as I can tell, everything is pointing to a 2015 release of a Grand Wagoneer - just as the chart above had stated. Now, if we can trust that this chart will remain accurate and look ahead, I think it's pretty clear that we will for sure see a refreshed Wrangler in 2016. Whether or not it'll come with a steel roof, in a pick-up or even IFS, nobody knows for sure but, I think it's looking more and more likely that we will see something new for at least the Wrangler. To back this up, here is a new preview that AllPar just posted up today and by the look of it, things still seem to be on track.

View attachment 73659

I don't know about any of you but I'm eager to see what they come out with next!! :thumb:

I actually see this chart as a positive. To me it means a light to heavy refresh of the existing platform. With that in mind, I don't see IFS much less IRS coming into play. Plus it should provide some commonality between JK's and post refresh which is also a positive for both vehicles as there will already be significant R&D into aftermarket parts for the platform and JK owners might be able to update some components to newer better tech.

Kenny-g

Caught the Bug
Here's to hoping the refresh means that JK aftermarket parts become cheaper.

AMEN!!! lol

I don't understand why everyone is so hellbent on smashing the newer designs. When did the Patriot/Liberty line EVER really look good lol! These are not the Wrangler and vice versa. I'm really really looking forward to drivetrain options!

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

I don't think the Patriots and Libertys have ever looked bad...the Compass however, started off horribly.

Rivertoys

"Frankly, I know that if I screw up the next Wrangler, then I probably wouldn't be able to leave my house for a long time."

Michael Manley - President and CEO - Jeep Brand

frenchjk

Caught the Bug
"Frankly, I know that if I screw up the next Wrangler, then I probably wouldn't be able to leave my house for a long time."

Michael Manley - President and CEO - Jeep Brand

the man is British........he'll hide on his island on the far yonder side of the pond while driving his Indian built Land Rover defender!!!:D

jkmohican

What if, in a crazy turn of events, they make a truck with the alleged IFS into a pre runner jeep, make the original 4 door and 2 door models with live axles and v8s, and say "I think we made our crowd happy for once"?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

JayKay

Caught the Bug
I'm knocking on wood while saying this but my soft op nor my hardtop have leaked yet.:sly:

Sent from the"Zone of Influence"

Major down pour here in MO today. My hardtop leaked over the radio and at the passenger B pillar. Only does it after sitting in a hard rain for awhile. Not enough to make me want a solid non removable top :naw:

Top Bottom