2016 SEMA : Magnaflow Cybertron Jeep TJ Wrangler

WJCO

Meme King
What are the rotor for in the middle of the axle housings? Do they mitigate body roll or something since it's so tall? I feel like it would be scary to drive this thing faster than school zone speeds.

I was wondering that too. If you look at all the wheels, there are no brakes inside the wheels :eek: , so I think the braking system is right there at the pumpkin. I'm guessing somehow the driveshafts run all the way through or there's some additional gearbox behind those rotors. I assume they work because there are fluid lines running to them.

BlacknRedJK

I was wondering that too. If you look at all the wheels, there are no brakes inside the wheels :eek: , so I think the braking system is right there at the pumpkin. I'm guessing somehow the driveshafts run all the way through or there's some additional gearbox behind those rotors. I assume they work because there are fluid lines running to them.

Those are the brakes

Sent from my SM-N920V using WAYALIFE mobile app

What are the rotor for in the middle of the axle housings? Do they mitigate body roll or something since it's so tall? I feel like it would be scary to drive this thing faster than school zone speeds.

They are pinion brakes. Rockwells have two pinions due to their top mounted design. The braking is done prior to the gear reduction found in the differential, which is why one rotor per axle is enough to stop those massive tires. That being said this setup is not DOT legal and is something you will generally only see on highly modified setups running these axles.

WJCO

Meme King
They are pinion brakes. Rockwells have two pinions due to their top mounted design. The braking is done prior to the gear reduction found in the differential, which is why one rotor per axle is enough to stop those massive tires. That being said this setup is not DOT legal and is something you will generally only see on highly modified setups running these axles.

Good info. Thanks.

2.5 Ton Rockwell Axles. Like from the vietnam era deuce and a half.

oops...late on that...sorry

Ddays

Hooked
All of the original monster trucks ran those 2.5 ton and 5 ton axles when they first started to go crazy back in the 80's. Those brakes would stop them on a dime!

4x4x4.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom