2016 WAYALIFE Rockin Rubicon Run Photo Highlights

jesse3638

Hooked
Wait second, I DID pack kleenex, what are you talking about!?!?! :bleh:

My driving display was ultra shameful, but that is the duty of being a newb, a responsibility I take seriously... just kidding. Thank you for the kind words. Yes, I continue to build and grow my trail kit and I agree, it just takes time behind the wheel and underneath the rig to gain experience.

You know everyone, I must share about how organized Eddie was. While he was conducting trail repairs to Jesse's Jeep, I was able to see his tools in action. WOW. Eddie had everything in cloth or suede bags organized in such a way that would give him exactly the tools he needs depending on which job was at hand. I had never seen that before and was super impressed.

There is no shame in being new as long as you're willing to learn, accept criticism, understand you are going to make mistakes, and trust your spotter. I have a lot to learn myself but with a group like this it is easy and fun to do. I too learned just how convenient it is to have your tools at the ready and even better if they are organized. I made sure to repack before we headed out so if I needed them they were ready. It would have taken me longer to just get them out than it did to complete the entire repair. I had all the tools needed to complete the repair except the sockets for the pinion and t-case nut, oh and a new drive shaft or replacement yokes...haha (they will be included for next time), though I did have a new 1310 u-joint. However my spill kit was handy when needed (Thanks to Overlander for sending me to O'reily's to get one). Once I get my old one rebuilt I'll have a good trail spare along with two rear axles. While I'm replacing the one with the bent flange I'm going to do the other as well. The whole experience was awesome and I did not want it to end. Thanks again to everyone!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Had an amazing time out there with everyone involved! Thanks again for the invite and the great memories! Here are a few photos I got

Here a some pics that I have..

Awesome pics guys!! Thanks for posting them up :thumb:

What a great trip! The group really looks like it meshed well. Or is that Mushed well? Anyway, any outing with Eddie and Cindy is one that will be memorable just for their company and super attitudes. When I see runs headed by them, I know that everyone involved will have a great time and carnage will be at a minimum. Terrific pictures from all that went. Makes me feel like I was there with you.

So bummed you and Susan weren't able to join us for this run. I so hope you'll be able to join us in the future. :cool:

Another great trip for you guys! Great pictures
What was the advance notice for this trip? Really want to go next time just have to cross the country!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Most of the people who came had been in contact with me for a long time and were flexible enough to make it out. We wanted to keep the run small this year and we were pretty much filled up before anything could be posted up. That being said, every year is different.

My driving display was ultra shameful, but that is the duty of being a newb, a responsibility I take seriously... just kidding. Thank you for the kind words. Yes, I continue to build and grow my trail kit and I agree, it just takes time behind the wheel and underneath the rig to gain experience.

You know everyone, I must share about how organized Eddie was. While he was conducting trail repairs to Jesse's Jeep, I was able to see his tools in action. WOW. Eddie had everything in cloth or suede bags organized in such a way that would give him exactly the tools he needs depending on which job was at hand. I had never seen that before and was super impressed.

Like I said before, time behind the wheel will give you way more than money can buy. You'll get there.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Here's another shot on top of Cadillac Hill and with everyone in it. :cool:

main.php

DannyD

Really cool pictures and story's thanks for sharing with us dreamers way over here on the east coast you guys sure look like you can have a good time!!

Andy5160

Hooked
Awesome pics guys!! Thanks for posting them up :thumb:

So bummed you and Susan weren't able to join us for this run. I so hope you'll be able to join us in the future. :cool:

Most of the people who came had been in contact with me for a long time and were flexible enough to make it out. We wanted to keep the run small this year and we were pretty much filled up before anything could be posted up. That being said, every year is different.

Like I said before, time behind the wheel will give you way more than money can buy. You'll get there.

Thank Eddie i will meet you one day!!!!!

JAGS

Hooked

There is no shame in being new as long as you're willing to learn, accept criticism, understand you are going to make mistakes, and trust your spotter. I have a lot to learn myself but with a group like this it is easy and fun to do. I too learned just how convenient it is to have your tools at the ready and even better if they are organized. I made sure to repack before we headed out so if I needed them they were ready. It would have taken me longer to just get them out than it did to complete the entire repair. I had all the tools needed to complete the repair except the sockets for the pinion and t-case nut, oh and a new drive shaft or replacement yokes...haha (they will be included for next time), though I did have a new 1310 u-joint. However my spill kit was handy when needed (Thanks to Overlander for sending me to O'reily's to get one). Once I get my old one rebuilt I'll have a good trail spare along with two rear axles. While I'm replacing the one with the bent flange I'm going to do the other as well. The whole experience was awesome and I did not want it to end. Thanks again to everyone!

You guys both bring up good views. I still consider myself a novice and I'm two years in with my lift. I had never done any wheeling as the jeep is my first offroad vehicle.

Most folks can learn a lot from guys like Eddie and Tony on this trip. While I don't have much experience wrenching, I have a complete set of tools and have educated myself enough to at least carry the bare minimum and to have everything organized.

Well, except for the damn yolk bolts for my spare driveshaft and yolks. Never dawned on me I'd be replacing for a full swap on someone else's rig. Next trip I'm adding those. [emoji106]

Every trip out I try my best to observe and learn. Whether that be how to maneuver an obstacle or to watch a trail repair. Like Jesse said, nobody is going fault you for learning. Be "willing to learn, accept criticism, understand you are going to make mistakes, and trust your spotter."

I know I can't offer much to the wheeling expertise, but a positive attitude and willingness to help goes a long way on the trail. What I can't do there I try make up for it by introducing new cocktails. Lol.

This year it was a tasty pinajito.

Everyone can contribute and that is what wayalife is about. All being there to help on the trail. However one can. [emoji106]

JeepFan

Hooked
This trip marks our 5th year running the Rubicon with friends of Wayalife! Stephanie and I had such a great time and loved hanging out with old an new friends. So many great memories! It never gets old.

Thank you so much Eddie and Cindy for organizing this run and inviting us to join in on the fun. Can't wait to get out on another adventure with you both again soon!

Unfortunately, I didn't take very many pictures but, here's what I was able to capture. Steph has a lot more that we will post up soon...

1468887859319.jpg

1468887891195.jpg

1468887920200.jpg

1468887945626.jpg
The Cadillac Hill climb!

1468887989549.jpg

1468888011641.jpg

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug
This trip marks our 5th year running the Rubicon with friends of Wayalife! Stephanie and I had such a great time and loved hanging out with old an new friends. So many great memories! It never gets old.

It was great being with the both of you. Thank you for all of your help spotting for me and helping Eddie and Cindy filming.

Irish JK

Caught the Bug
Awesome trip as usual I am sure. Always good to see everyone get back in one piece and the weather looked perfect.

Hope to get up and see the fam again soon!

KICKROX

What an amazing trip to the Rubicon we had. Learned a lot and had a blast, but best of all made some new friends and new memories. Thanks Eddie and Cindy and everyone else who tagged along and made this trip even more amazing. Here are some of my favorite cell phone pics that either my wife or I took. Hope you enjoy.. I have many but only wanted to share some of my favorites.

wayalife01.jpg

wayalife02.jpg

wayalife03.jpg

wayalife04.jpg

wayalife05.jpg

wayalife06.jpg

wayalife07.jpg

wayalife08.jpg

We call this Jason's tree!
wayalife09.jpg

wayalife10.jpg

wayalife11.jpg

wayalife12.jpg

wayalife13.jpg

wayalife14.jpg

wayalife15.jpg

wayalife16.jpg

wayalife17.jpg

wayalife18.jpg

Graywolf

My wife Wilda and I did the Rubicon for the first time, by doing the Jeepers Jamboree in 1987 in our show room stock 86 CJ7. They feed you so much food and drink that we also took a hike to long lake instead of doing lunch. We went skinny dipping, one of the best 4 days we ever spent. We have always called the camp you used (The Island) Hope to be able to join you on a Moab or Rubi trip in the future. :D

TRLJNKY

Heres a few photos I have of the group. Do my best to eliminate any that may have been posted up earlier.

My son was the photographer so did the best he could lol

Also, I will say tht Ive served over 20 years in the Army as a maintainer. I was responsible for the maintenance and recovery for a ton of convoys. It was amazing to be on the other side watching Eddie and Tony mastermind the recovery and repair operations. I just needed to stay out of the way and watch and learn the masters of their trade :) Great times

Attachments

• 1468900402929.jpg
    1468900402929.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 105
  • 1468900438516.jpg
    1468900438516.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 104
  • 1468900465075.jpg
    1468900465075.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 105
  • 1468900483145.jpg
    1468900483145.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 103
  • 1468900532047.jpg
    1468900532047.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 102
  • 1468900569338.jpg
    1468900569338.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 105
  • 1468900610182.jpg
    1468900610182.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 104
  • 1468900622318.jpg
    1468900622318.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 105
  • 1468900670901.jpg
    1468900670901.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 103
  • 1468900686264.jpg
    1468900686264.jpg
    164.6 KB · Views: 104

H20JNKY

Here are the photos we took. I can't believe I didn't take more of them to be honest. Maybe it's because we were having such a good time we forgot to. These pictures are in no particular order, a little of the wheeling, family, craw daddy with a kid one eye swollen shut by a mosquito bite and Eddie fixing a drive shaft.

Just so you all know, we had the full family with us and had an outstanding time! Don't be afraid to bring the kids!

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1468902267.158190.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1468902018.277461.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1468902035.295158.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1468902083.383337.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1468902122.170564.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1468902148.307706.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1468902169.793067.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1468902194.597158.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1468902214.434234.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1468902627.685637.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1468902655.424276.jpg

Top Bottom