2020 Dirt Experience : Follow the Adventures of MOBY on the 10th Annual JKX

jdofmemi

Just my opinion, but a pair of Baja Designs LP-9s would look great, and two of them will probably match of exceed the row of 8 KCs on the JT, plus being round, they would fit right in.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Decided to upgrade Moby's original 6-button Switch Pros that was handmade and installed a decade ago with a new SP-9100. Fortunately, I was able to use one of my Switch Mounts and got it installed on to my Rock Hard cage. :cool:

View attachment 354503

View attachment 354504

Now I just gotta find some time to install accessories to fill in all the buttons. :crazyeyes:

Did you have to fab the mount or you’re regular one works? I need a permanent mount for mine that isn’t zip tied to the roll bar.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Maybe I should’ve taken note of that [emoji848]

:cheesy: It was at the very very end. He said it would be an epic hardcore event like the very first one. :crazyeyes:

Just my opinion, but a pair of Baja Designs LP-9s would look great, and two of them will probably match of exceed the row of 8 KCs on the JT, plus being round, they would fit right in.

Those are real nice but again, I don't want to put anything that big on the front bumper.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
What made you to remove TL lights?

They were deflecting too much cool air away from the grill. Removing them alone measurably lowered coolant temps back when we were still running our LS. Getting rid of our Powerplant helped even more.

Did you have to fab the mount or you’re regular one works? I need a permanent mount for mine that isn’t zip tied to the roll bar.

Nope. I just drilled a couple of holes on the bottom panel of the Rock Hard T-bars and bolted the Switch mount to it. I just installed it backwards of how you would install one on a CB BAR. :yup:

benatc1

Hooked
:cheesy: It was at the very very end. He said it would be an epic hardcore event like the very first one. :crazyeyes:

Those are real nice but again, I don't want to put anything that big on the front bumper.
I know you haven't always been a big fan of the light bars or cube lights, but I will say that I'm very impressed with the KC flex 10" bar on my bumper now, its way smaller than I thought it might be too and throws a ton of light. Going to eventually get a pair for my apillar to match.

Sent from my HD1905 using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I know you haven't always been a big fan of the light bars or cube lights, but I will say that I'm very impressed with the KC flex 10" bar on my bumper now, its way smaller than I thought it might be too and throws a ton of light. Going to eventually get a pair for my apillar to match.

LOL - actually, ever since you said you got one for you're Jeep, that's what I've been eyeing. I like how they DON'T look like the bar lights and yes, they are very low profile. :yup:

benatc1

Hooked
LOL - actually, ever since you said you got one for you're Jeep, that's what I've been eyeing. I like how they DON'T look like the bar lights and yes, they are very low profile. :yup:

Nice, I definitely agree with the "anti" light bar look. If you go this route I'm sure you'll be happy

Sent from my HD1905 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Jimmypaget

Sorry for not seeing this sooner. I just used hose clamps and strapped the bracket that came with the extinguisher to the bar. :crazyeyes:

Funny, the more I looked at it, the more I thought that’s what was being used! Duh!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
How is your fridge mounted?

So, I have a Mastercraft rear seat bracket and removed the driver side rear seat. The top of the bracket is flat and has holes so it was super easy for me to bolt up a piece of plywood to the top of it. I then bolted on the ARB straps to it. Works great if you don't need a 4th seat. :yup:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So, we finally retired our old, torn, worn out and broken Bestop Trektop on Moby and instead of just replacing it with another, we decided to try something new. This is a Rugged Ridge Bowless top and... I have to say that it's surprisingly nice. For how much less they are in cost, I'm kind of kicking myself for not doing this sooner. Installation is different for sure but it is a good and tight fit.

20201018201555-985305c0-me.jpg

20201018201558-6fa31224-me.jpg

20201018201602-71e53d36-me.jpg

20201018201612-48c01167-me.jpg

20201018201634-d0c9acb6-me.jpg

20201018201703-7f6754cd-me.jpg

20201018201658-7aff90c2-me.jpg

20201018201621-2a03d779-me.jpg

jeeeep

Hooked
Decided to upgrade Moby's original 6-button Switch Pros that was handmade and installed a decade ago with a new SP-9100. Fortunately, I was able to use one of my Switch Mounts and got it installed on to my Rock Hard cage. :cool:

View attachment 354503

View attachment 354504

Now I just gotta find some time to install accessories to fill in all the buttons. :crazyeyes:

I like the way that's mounted up on the Rock Hard cage, small, out of the way and still convenient :thumb:

Top Bottom