3.0-3.5 in lift advice on jku 6 speed

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Quoting my post and then stating at the end that you should play harder doesn't seem to only merely share your experience. Seems more defensive to me. Maybe I misinterpreted. But last I checked the EVO kit was $300. If I'm spending that kind of money I don't want to go from stock to stock and if I can spend roughly the same amount of money and go from stock to better then yes that's what I'm going to do just to have a little extra piece of mind.

Hello!! like I just said, if it helps you to sleep better at night spending money on things you don't really need, more power to you. Regardless of how much more it was, it was still more and you did it just to "have a little extra piece of mind" - i.e. helps you to sleep better at night. No need to get all butthurt just because I quoted you. ;)

I started off with the Pro-Comp 2.5 inch coil and shock lift and after 6 months or so I replaced the coils with the EVO 3 inch Plush Ride coils and RK FLCA's and front Adjustable Track Bar. Love the ride and for what I do it works. May I suggest you fine some Jeepers in your area with different lifts and take a ride. As mentioned in previous threads ride comfort is subjective, what works for one may not work for another. Best way is to either ride or drive different set ups to find what you like the best. I may be off track on this but the control arms only have minor affect on the ride. Tires and coils have a much bigger accept than LCA's.

R/
Will

Sent from my fRuit product using WAL

JKUx

I started off with the Pro-Comp 2.5 inch coil and shock lift and after 6 months or so I replaced the coils with the EVO 3 inch Plush Ride coils and RK FLCA's and front Adjustable Track Bar. Love the ride and for what I do it works. May I suggest you fine some Jeepers in your area with different lifts and take a ride. As mentioned in previous threads ride comfort is subjective, what works for one may not work for another. Best way is to either ride or drive different set ups to find what you like the best. I may be off track on this but the control arms only have minor affect on the ride. Tires and coils have a much bigger accept than LCA's.

R/
Will

Sent from my fRuit product using WAL

Canvas JK,

Thank you for your input, knowing you have the same setup as I, do you have any rubbing issues regarding coil to track bar or sway link-I'm starting off with RK front LCA and Track bar too with 3 in EVO coils and RK links all around, down the road I'm going to get the UpperCA so that I'm covered at all angles.

redyeti

Pulled trigger on Rancho 3 inch sport lift

I just pulled the trigger and a Rancho 3" sport lift is on it's way. I bought the 9000 XL's with it. My decision was greatly influenced by the shock comparison article in Overland Journal, and the rebate Rancho is offering for the next few months.

I have a Rocklobster Red 2013 JKU Sport 6 speed with the 3.73's and the limited slip rear. I need to keep it wife and kids friendly, so 3" with 35's is what I'm doing for now.

I'll take some pics of the install and post them when available.

JKUx

I just pulled the trigger and a Rancho 3" sport lift is on it's way. I bought the 9000 XL's with it. My decision was greatly influenced by the shock comparison article in Overland Journal, and the rebate Rancho is offering for the next few months.

I have a Rocklobster Red 2013 JKU Sport 6 speed with the 3.73's and the limited slip rear. I need to keep it wife and kids friendly, so 3" with 35's is what I'm doing for now.

I'll take some pics of the install and post them when available.

I'm in the same boat there man, that sounds like a great setup, I look forward to the pics! :👍:

Top Bottom