3.6 or 2.0?

wjtstudios

Hooked
2.0L is the future and then electric. Better all get use to it.
I have JLU Rubicon with 2.0L and its fine. When I off-road it does great. One of you said you averaged 26 or 29mpg driving around out west.

BULLSHIT!!! maybe if you were driving down hill the whole time. I’ve had mine since end of Nov and have about 5800 miles on it.
Expect for normal driving 17-19. Wranglers will NEVER get great gas mileage until hybrid or all electric

Not bullshit. A lot of 50-60 mph roads for long distances. At it was over 29 mpg. Just don’t drive like and idiot hammering the throttle at every light.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 Jeep Scrambler

jesse3638

Hooked
2.0L is the future and then electric. Better all get use to it.
I have JLU Rubicon with 2.0L and its fine. When I off-road it does great. One of you said you averaged 26 or 29mpg driving around out west.

BULLSHIT!!! maybe if you were driving down hill the whole time. I’ve had mine since end of Nov and have about 5800 miles on it.
Expect for normal driving 17-19. Wranglers will NEVER get great gas mileage until hybrid or all electric

I doubt it's BS. When my 2012 JKUR was bone stock (Air dam still installed) I could easily get 21-23 on the highway and 18-20 around town (6 speed shifting in the green RPM range).

Not bullshit. A lot of 50-60 mph roads for long distances. At it was over 29 mpg. Just don’t drive like and idiot hammering the throttle at every light.

Yeah I'm not afraid to go 70 I just don't make it a point to get to 70 as fast as I can...haha.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 Jeep Scrambler

BlueRubicon

Caught the Bug
I doubt it's BS. When my 2012 JKUR was bone stock (Air dam still installed) I could easily get 21-23 on the highway and 18-20 around town (6 speed shifting in the green RPM range).

Believe what you want, I own one. I keep the MPG on the display all the time and see the average and real time mpg. I baby it off the line because I don't want to fill tank constantly. You will never average 26 or 29 mpg normal driving in a JLU 4 dr Rubicon on 33's with 2.0. Factory doesn't even advertise that!
MPG obviously even worse when I put on the bigger tires and travel to off-road.

Maybe a 2dr sport or Sahara.

Ddays

Hooked
Believe what you want, I own one. I keep the MPG on the display all the time and see the average and real time mpg. I baby it off the line because I don't want to fill tank constantly. You will never average 26 or 29 mpg normal driving in a JLU 4 dr Rubicon on 33's with 2.0. Factory doesn't even advertise that!
MPG obviously even worse when I put on the bigger tires and travel to off-road.

Maybe a 2dr sport or Sahara.

luf.jpg

10 of em...

dhughes16

I have about 6k on my stock 2.0. I was skeptical but I’m actually very happy with it at this point. I can also attest to the 20+ MPG. I just ordered my lift, wheels and 35’s so I’ll let y’all know how that feels/affects daily driving.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wjtstudios

Hooked
For all the non believers on the gas mileage front for the 2.0. Here’s my dads as of today. He is a notorious lead foot and he’s getting 23 mpg out of his Sahara.

IMG_1248.jpg

IMG_1249.jpg

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 Jeep Scrambler

Zstairlessone

If I do 65 on the highway, and don’t blast about (as blast about as it gets with the 3.8 that is) I average a calculated 21.72 MPG. This is in a 2008 with 4.10s. Of course, at 70 and above that drops to just under 15.1 MPG. With the raked back windshield and a more efficient engine the 2.0 JL is pretty likely to see great numbers

wjtstudios

Hooked
LMAO...that is far cry from 26 or 29mpg. I get that mileage too once in a while. I was saying BS to the 26, 29 that was posted.

Difference is me versus my Father Driving #1. Secondly, that is all city driving, no highways, no 50-60 MPH roads for hours at a time out west. And Third, you thought it was crazy that I was getting over 20 mpg and complaining about that. 23 is very realistic around town number and 29 can be achieved if you don’t drive like an ass like my dad who thinks ever car should be red lined out of every red light. To many Chevelles as a kids. Ruined him for life.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 Jeep Scrambler

BlueRubicon

Caught the Bug
Difference is me versus my Father Driving #1. Secondly, that is all city driving, no highways, no 50-60 MPH roads for hours at a time out west. And Third, you thought it was crazy that I was getting over 20 mpg and complaining about that. 23 is very realistic around town number and 29 can be achieved if you don’t drive like an ass like my dad who thinks ever car should be red lined out of every red light. To many Chevelles as a kids. Ruined him for life.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 Jeep Scrambler

Again...29mpg on JLU is impossible unless driving down hill, and even than I don't see it. I just spent a week on Skyline Dr. in Va. Speed limit is 35mph. I would set cruise at 35mph for miles. Downhills, uphills and level. Best I saw was 20.1 mpg. IF it WAS possible, FCA would advertise as such. I put on 850 miles this past week and used cruise control ALOT!! Even on highway at 60mph I saw no better than 21mpg.
My Jeep is pretty stock except for 2" Mopar lift. Yes, heavier front bumper and winch, but NO rear bumper. Still using factory wheels and tires on road.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Again...29mpg on JLU is impossible unless driving down hill, and even than I don't see it. I just spent a week on Skyline Dr. in Va. Speed limit is 35mph. I would set cruise at 35mph for miles. Downhills, uphills and level. Best I saw was 20.1 mpg. IF it WAS possible, FCA would advertise as such. I put on 850 miles this past week and used cruise control ALOT!! Even on highway at 60mph I saw no better than 21mpg.
My Jeep is pretty stock except for 2" Mopar lift. Yes, heavier front bumper and winch, but NO rear bumper. Still using factory wheels and tires on road.

Optimal speed for gas mileage is 55-60, not 35. 20mph with city driving is pretty good to me. If the dude said he got 29 and you get 20 what does it matter? 8s he paying your gas bill or are you just trying to show you have a bigger dick?

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

BlueRubicon

Caught the Bug
Optimal speed for gas mileage is 55-60, not 35. 20mph with city driving is pretty good to me. If the dude said he got 29 and you get 20 what does it matter? 8s he paying your gas bill or are you just trying to show you have a bigger dick?

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Well yea...I probably do have a bigger dick. What's it to ya? If someone is going to talk BS on a forum that is suppose to be informative, I'm going to call him/her out. Just like if I were to say something that is untrue, I expect to be called out by one of you.

Are you trying to pick a fight? Why not let the person I was responding to answer?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Well yea...I probably do have a bigger dick. What's it to ya? If someone is going to talk BS on a forum that is suppose to be informative, I'm going to call him/her out. Just like if I were to say something that is untrue, I expect to be called out by one of you.

Are you trying to pick a fight? Why not let the person I was responding to answer?

No fuck face, you are trying to pick a fight. You have no proof he didn’t get that mileage. You are an idiot. Fuck off already.

wjtstudios

Hooked

It’s hard for anyone to really know anyone well on this forum with out meeting them. The guys on here that I’ve met and go on runs with know that I’m the furthest thing from a bullshitter. I tell it like it is, if you don’t like it, fine. But what I put on this forum is my personal experience, not trying to make myself look better on the eyes of people like you.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

RCVRY

Just cause your dick looks big in your little nephew’s hand doesn’t make it any bigger than a mini gherkin.

Yeah I’m picking a fight. You’re being an asshole. [emoji867]

BlueRubicon

Caught the Bug
Just cause your dick looks big in your little nephew’s hand doesn’t make it any bigger than a mini gherkin.

Yeah I’m picking a fight. You’re being an asshole. [emoji867]

Funny how you douche bags who don't even own a JL comment on fuel mileage of a JL. Big words while hiding behind your keyboards. You people crack me up.

Ddays

Hooked
Funny how you douche bags who don't even own a JL comment on fuel mileage of a JL. Big words while hiding behind your keyboards. You people crack me up.

No one here is a keyboard warrior jackass. WJT's a well known member here who is always helpful and friendly, even to morons like you. If he says that Jeep got that mileage then it did. Good enough for the rest of us. No one really cares what you think. You crack me up

Last edited:

Arrcherr

Caught the Bug
No one here is a keyboard warrior jackass. WJT's a well known member here who is always helpful and friendly, even to morons like you. If he says that Jeep got that mileage then it did. Good enough for the rest of us. No one really cares what you think. You crack me up
Well said!!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom