3" EVO coils with Fox 4-6 Inch Shocks?

Jeepfan30

Well, I took the advise of many in this thread and installed the new 4-6" Fox shocks to get some real measurements.

1. I have 3" of front bump stop, and have a Synergy Drag Link Flip Kit. I also already have extended front brake lines.

2. I found a dirt pile and drove the driver front tire up until the rear wheels lost traction.

3. The driver side shock completely compressed to the rubber O ring and i still had about 1/4" gap between the bump stop.

4. The passenger side shock extended to the 11" advertised, the 3" EVO coil unseated about 1/4".

5. I have MC adjustable front bump stops and am thinking if I add another 1" (4" total) the shocks won't bottom out.

6. I have a set of RK coil retainer clips in my garage that will keep the coils from unseating.

7. I have flat fenders, so tire/fender contact is not an issue.

**Anyone see any problems with running 4" of bump stop if I am still getting 11" of travel? Or should I ditch these shocks for something a little shorter so I can use less bump stop? Thanks,

Last edited:

Jeepfan30

I don't want to add more lift. For the record last time I measured the actual front end lift gained from the 3" coils, I was sitting at just under 4". If I follow the rule of thumb 1" bump stop for every inch of lift then 4" of bump stop wouldn't be too far off.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
I don't know, I figured they would unseat. Not by much. I also have 3" coils, 3" bump stops, my shocks are close to 17" collapsed. I also have my lower shock raised another 1/2" with my relocation brackets. At full bump I have extra ½" of shaft showing.

Jeepfan30

I don't know, I figured they would unseat. Not by much. I also have 3" coils, 3" bump stops, my shocks are close to 17" collapsed. I also have my lower shock raised another 1/2" with my relocation brackets. At full bump I have extra ½" of shaft showing.

They did unseat slightly, but I have coil spring retainers to take care of that.

Jeepfan30

Probably perfect length for 4" lift, I just have to add a little more bump stop with the 3" coils to be safe. Not a big deal, still going to use them. Down travel is great and up travel isn't too bad. View attachment 144426

Top Bottom