3" Plush rides?

BadApple

I swapped my 3" plush rides for 4" plush rides last Saturday. No spring compressors necessary. Just disconnect the track bar, sway bar and lower shock mounts. Lift the jeep as high as you can with the wheels removed and throw some elbow grease in there. No problem. 

I was debating on the 4 inch ones but decided against it because im not ready to do all the drivetrain upgrades.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
I was debating on the 4 inch ones but decided against it because im not ready to do all the drivetrain upgrades.

3" will be fine on a 2-dr. You should still look at upgrading your DS's soon. You will get closer to about 3.5" on a 2dr.

JayKay

Caught the Bug
I'd probably be better with the 4" plush rides, they'd probably keep me closer to current ride height. Had the Rancho 5000's on my Z71, rode pretty rough it seemed to me, just want something better than the RC N2.0 I have. Never ran the Rancho 9000. Good ride? Price comparible to Bilsteins?

DallasJKU

Thinking of replacing my AEV 2.5" coils with the 3" plush rides just to see the difference. I don't want much more height though as this will be as high as I can fit in my garage especially if I go to 37's next year.

BadApple

I ordered straight from ORE hopefully its about the same.

Sent from my SM-T210R using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yeahright

If I were to run 3" plush rides, will I get 3" of lift, the reason I ask is because I have had three sets of springs and all have sat low in the front, now I know that the ARB front bumper is not that popular over in the US but over her we don't have a lot of choice, and the bumper is heavy as hell, and add to that a 12000 pound winch and this is probably the reason for the front end sitting low.
Does any body know or have an idea if the plush rides will do the same?

bl17z90

If I were to run 3" plush rides, will I get 3" of lift, the reason I ask is because I have had three sets of springs and all have sat low in the front, now I know that the ARB front bumper is not that popular over in the US but over her we don't have a lot of choice, and the bumper is heavy as hell, and add to that a 12000 pound winch and this is probably the reason for the front end sitting low.
Does any body know or have an idea if the plush rides will do the same?

If you have a little droop up front you can always add a set of front pucks to level it back out.

bl17z90

Now for my own question. I have the AEV2.5 kit on my 2 door and I added jks quick discos, jks front track bar and rustys rear track bar.

Has anyone tried adding the plush rides to a setup like mine? I don't want to upgrade my springs and then blow a driveshaft boot because they took me too high. I know Hinrich has the Teraflex 2.5 kit and added 3 inch plush rides and feels like his shocks are too short now.

Sent from my phone?

JKWrang

Now for my own question. I have the AEV2.5 kit on my 2 door and I added jks quick discos, jks front track bar and rustys rear track bar.

Has anyone tried adding the plush rides to a setup like mine? I don't want to upgrade my springs and then blow a driveshaft boot because they took me too high. I know Hinrich has the Teraflex 2.5 kit and added 3 inch plush rides and feels like his shocks are too short now.

Sent from my phone?

I'm sure you would have the same shock problem. Feeling like they are too short I mean.

Sent via secret squirrel underground network.

bl17z90

I'm sure you would have the same shock problem. Feeling like they are too short I mean.

Sent via secret squirrel underground network.

Yeah, probably, but it would be great if i could just swap them out.

Sent from my phone?

BadApple

so i get home and open the boxes and it appears i was sent a set of 3 and 4 inch front coils. Is it just me being a ratard (i know its spelled wrong) or are the front and back the same diameter? normally fronts are smaller dia. than rears.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
so i get home and open the boxes and it appears i was sent a set of 3 and 4 inch front coils. Is it just me being a ratard (i know its spelled wrong) or are the front and back the same diameter? normally fronts are smaller dia. than rears.

Pictures please.

NAUJK

No you got the correct coils. That's how the plus rides look.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using WAYALIFE mobile app

NAUJK

At least on their pictures online and what I got as well.

BadApple

At least on their pictures online and what I got as well.

Were 2 of them shorter? the reason i ask is because ive only done springs on a mustang and they were very close to the same heighth these are very noticeably shorter.

i can take pics just give me a sec.

Top Bottom