35 on stock tire carrier

Clutch

Caught the Bug
I did the pvc thing with my 35s for a year or so and it didn't work out for me. It still rattled around a lot but did not cause any damage. I ended up going with the MorRyde hinges and reinforcement kit with the stock carrier. Was amazed at how solid and quiet it is....Its not real pretty but it works very well for me at a great price

Tony
Can you post some pics?

Sent from my BNTV600 using WAYALIFE mobile app

atrollip

If you handy at making stuff (grinding and welding) and have a tow bar you can make something similar to this. Been running it since May last year (washboard roads regularly and offroading at min twice a month). I've had no damage to rear door or hinges. Only negative got to come off ledges slowly. It adjusts with a spanner to keep it snug against tyre. My technical drawing skills are awful but this is the principal 20170121_095048.jpg SmartSelectImage_2017-01-21-09-58-34.png

Sent from my SM-N920C using WAYALIFE mobile app

catahoula

Caught the Bug
If you handy at making stuff (grinding and welding) and have a tow bar you can make something similar to this. Been running it since May last year (washboard roads regularly and offroading at min twice a month). I've had no damage to rear door or hinges. Only negative got to come off ledges slowly. It adjusts with a spanner to keep it snug against tyre. My technical drawing skills are awful but this is the principal View attachment 239889 View attachment 239888

Sent from my SM-N920C using WAYALIFE mobile app

Very, very cool!

Clutch

Caught the Bug
I'm guessing with HD hinge and the Reinforcement bracket, you can still use the stock carrier... Do then need to lengthen the tire isolater tube things?

TheGrendel

glad i found this thread

i went with 1 1/4 x 1 1/2 flexible coupling posted earlier in this thread. works great. will likely be stepping up to a more robust tire carrier like Genright later this year. but, this should work nicely for the time being.

TonyViv

I'm guessing with HD hinge and the Reinforcement bracket, you can still use the stock carrier... Do then need to lengthen the tire isolater tube things?

I did the hinges and reinforcement kit and used the stock carrier, it saves some cash and worked fine for me. As far as the isolators, the "tits" ripped off mine when taking them off the tailgate and Im not using them at all. Been running it over a year? With out a sound or rattle
They are also grease able hinges that can be rebuilt with easily available sleeves from a local hardware store.

Depending on youre situation the downsides to them that I see is... I have the hi lift jack mount, it is not very secure. Easy to steal, I have come up with some ways around that make it pretty theft resistant.
There isn't a lot of real estate to add rotopax mounts and such. So you have to pick and choose what you want to have and whats important to you.
Some don't think its really pretty looking but for me its utilitarian, solid and functional and 80% of it is covered by the spare.
In the long run, I might like to swap out the allen head hardware for box head.... little easier to deal with

So, Its up to you ... what you like and what works for you

Tony

Last edited:
Top Bottom