35 on stock tire carrier

JKJeff

Yep. The pvc trick should still work for you. See post 71 above. If still returnable, send back the aftermarket isolators and extend the factory ones.

Overall "build thread"
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?26097-I-guess-it-s-the-quot-Super-Stocker-quot-build

DIY trail/tube door build http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?24449-My-DIY-Doors

Gonna give it a shot, thanks for the info.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

USMC Wrangler

GearHead71

YES, you can put a wheel spacer on the stock carrier, I have that now. like the thread says, get the insolators snug.

Comparing with mine, i cant imagine a bigger spacer than a 1.5" would be needed.

Where did you find a single wheel spacer? Or did you have a to buy a pair and just use 1? I'm going to be using spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers on the 4 tires but was hoping for a cheap wheel spacer for the spare.

ChiliDawg

Where did you find a single wheel spacer? Or did you have a to buy a pair and just use 1? I'm going to be using spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers on the 4 tires but was hoping for a cheap wheel spacer for the spare.

I've got a spare tire relocation bracket that basically just bolts on to the stock carrier and extends your mounting surface out to accommodate the larger tire if you're interested.

GearHead71

I've got a spare tire relocation bracket that basically just bolts on to the stock carrier and extends your mounting surface out to accommodate the larger tire if you're interested.

I am interested, thanks. I'll shoot you PM. I won't be getting 35s for another couple months but I'm trying to get everything else ready for them.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

MR.H83

I'm running a 35in. Nitto ridge grappler on my factory spare tire carrier using a hyline off road relocation bracket and 3rd brake Light (mounts in center of wheel). I recently added a rugged ridge tailgate reinforcement bracket after reading horror stories online about warping tailgates and breaking welds.

Sent from my LG-H901 using WAYALIFE mobile app

aermotor

I ran a 35 on the stock carrier through some mild washboard in Johnson Valley and it bent the ish out of my tailgate, which caused the paint to chip and rust. if you're only staying in the mall you'll be ok. Maybe.

USMC Wrangler

I might pick one up to give a go. I have 33's but there e rated and heavier then a lot of tires. Also didn't notice I spelled sucka. Meant to say "such a"

Not sure if that draw bar alone would take tailgate pressure off with 33's, but it should protect it from hitting.

Ha ha! Thankfully I figured out what you meant.

Dat was it! Awesome idea brother. If I ever get to that size I am going to use that.

Thanks. I tried it when I was using my hitch mounted vise to make my rock light mounts. I was eyeballing it and sure enough, it fit.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Not sure if that draw bar alone would take tailgate pressure off with 33's, but it should protect it from hitting.

Ha ha! Thankfully I figured out what you meant.

Thanks. I tried it when I was using my hitch mounted vise to make my rock light mounts. I was eyeballing it and sure enough, it fit.

Do you have an led light mounting in the rear facia? Is that a reverse light? Are those like the Eagle Eye ones Ddays has on his rig?

USMC Wrangler

Do you have an led light mounting in the rear facia? Is that a reverse light? Are those like the Eagle Eye ones Ddays has on his rig?

Yes, Eagle Eye LED's as aux reverse lights. I want to put them on a switch, just haven't had time. They currently turn on with my factory rev lights. Those are the same ones I used for my rock lights.

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug
I ran a 35 on the stock carrier through some mild washboard in Johnson Valley and it bent the ish out of my tailgate, which caused the paint to chip and rust. if you're only staying in the mall you'll be ok. Maybe.

About to go 35s and this is my biggest worry. There's a lot of corrugated dirt roads down here.

TonyViv

I did the pvc thing with my 35s for a year or so and it didn't work out for me. It still rattled around a lot but did not cause any damage. I ended up going with the MorRyde hinges and reinforcement kit with the stock carrier. Was amazed at how solid and quiet it is....Its not real pretty but it works very well for me at a great price

Tony

catahoula

Caught the Bug
I did the pvc thing with my 35s for a year or so and it didn't work out for me. It still rattled around a lot but did not cause any damage. I ended up going with the MorRyde hinges and reinforcement kit with the stock carrier. Was amazed at how solid and quiet it is....Its not real pretty but it works very well for me at a great price

Tony

They don't look that bad. I would consider those if mine started to take a poop.

Top Bottom