35s need regearing?

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Well the only plus to having the dana 30 is if it dies within the next 3 years it will be covered under my warranty since the dealership had my lift done! Maybe if it dies i can talk them into writing me a check to put towards a new axle!

Be careful of that mindset. Don't trust your dealership. Its nothing to them to fuck you over. They can still deny your warranty claim even though they did your lift.

Be careful of that mindset. Don't trust your dealership. Its nothing to them to fuck you over. They can still deny your warranty claim even though they did your lift.

Oh i know exactly what you mean. The only plus is i have all the aftermarket warranty info that backs my end up. The only thing that i have to prove is that i didnt take it offroad and just break something. And considering it hasnt been deep in the mud yet i should be somewhat covered.

Spudcannons

Oh i know exactly what you mean. The only plus is i have all the aftermarket warranty info that backs my end up. The only thing that i have to prove is that i didnt take it offroad and just break something. And considering it hasnt been deep in the mud yet i should be somewhat covered.

They can say bigger than stock tires caused the break and they can deny it. Find a good dealer.

They can say bigger than stock tires caused the break and they can deny it. Find a good dealer.

My dealer is pretty trustworthy. I bought it from them lifted. Already went through a situation with my spare causing the tailgate spot welds to break loose. I went to them to see about getting a new tailgate and they said they would rather DSI buy it since they did the lift. Just so they wont have to deal with any internal bs so i went to them and they offered to replace the tailgate or hook me up on a rear bumper. So of course i choose the rear bumper!

BertaNation

I have a 15 jku auto trans. Had 35s and 373. It was fine in town and offroad. Poor hwy power but doable. I recently upgraded to 488s. Big improvement running 75mph @3100 rpm doesn't try to down shift all the time like the 373s. I had the synergy assurence kit install also. payed $1200 for gears and $1600 total.

DuneJeepher

Ahh I was just going to post this same thread. I have a 2015 JK Unlimited 4door
2 inch lift and I'm adding 35's today.
I'll keep you posted on how the power goes. I currently have 33's and have no issue with power.

Definitely keep me posted! Very interested in the outcome.

Jk909

Listen to Drew. 4:88 is the only way to go. Before my regear my jeep had no balls period. You can tolerate it for a short period but you will ruin your transmission if you don't do it eventually.

KJ_CJtoJK

I have 12 JK 2-door with 3.73 and manual transmission. I have been running with 35 tires for over 2 years and have no plans to regear. I'm happy with performance. There is a little loss of power in mountains, but with 6 speed tranny, just shift down a little sooner than before and stay at same speed I always traveled the route.

blackrubi14

I have a '14 JKUR auto, came with 3.73's. Stock tires it was fine, went to 33's and it was fine until I hit an incline or had any added weight then it would down shift searching for a gear. I went to 35's and re geared to 4.56's. I went with 4.56 over 4.88 because of the highway driving I do, I wanting to keep my RPM's lower on the highway.

wcarlson40

2014 JKU with 3.73 gears, I've had my 35's for about 6 months. It's quite acceptable with my Superchips flashpaq, but I hate it when I have it off. I haven't regeared because I haven't found anyone in central Illinois I trust to do it right!

JRied

My dealer is pretty trustworthy. I bought it from them lifted. Already went through a situation with my spare causing the tailgate spot welds to break loose. I went to them to see about getting a new tailgate and they said they would rather DSI buy it since they did the lift. Just so they wont have to deal with any internal bs so i went to them and they offered to replace the tailgate or hook me up on a rear bumper. So of course i choose the rear bumper!

DSI did mine as well and I've had them replace my Atlas rear bumper with tire carrier (sold it) and my winch. There good about fixing your problem, although there lifts leave alot to be desired.

Napalm

I've got 35s and 3.73, while cruising @ 65mph it bumps up to around 3500-4000 RPMs when going up hills. Other than that, it's fine and completely doable. And it's not even programmed yet.

GutWrench

I went from 3.21 to 4.10 ratio on 35's (6speed) and it's perfect for the flatlands. If I lived in the mountains and wanted to climb rocks at 3mph I would have gone lower. I like the higher gears for the mud and cruising the mall and stuff.

Numbnuts

I have a 14 JK Rubicon currently on 33's. This Monday I'm getting 315 x 70 x 17's put on, which I think are loosely considered 35's. I'm running a six speed with 4.10s, high fenders and 1.5" lift. Today I cut 1.5" off the ends of the sliders. I've resisted putting on a bigger lift due to all the problems. I'll let you know how it works.

socaljku

I have a 2014 with 3.73 on 35's. I live at sea level so in my opinion, I didn't notice much of a difference between going 33's to 35's on 3.73 and drives fine. I've got a k&n drop in and procal. Has plenty of power and punch for daily driving. Where I do notice a difference is steep climbing and higher elevation where it feels it's lacking toque.

Sporadic

What's the likelihood of damaging the R&P in the D30 if I upgraded to 4:88 gears? (3.6 JKUS 35's moderate off-roading).

Last edited:
Top Bottom