35s need regearing?

2Cross

Caught the Bug
How much of a necessity are 5:13s with a 3.8 and 35s

I regeared my sons JKR to 5.13s and he has 35s. Too low for me, but did it for when we switch him to 37s.
I wouldn't go 5.13s in any case with long term plan of 35s.

4.88s with an open D30 is reasonable but be ready for a trail repair. I wouldn't put any money into a D30 personally. Just money down the drain.

JakeJK

I regeared my sons JKR to 5.13s and he has 35s. Too low for me, but did it for when we switch him to 37s.
I wouldn't go 5.13s in any case with long term plan of 35s.

4.88s with an open D30 is reasonable but be ready for a trail repair. I wouldn't put any money into a D30 personally. Just money down the drain.

Well I don't really have enough money to buy a replacement axle, I barely can afford the tires lol I'm just trying to make the tires livable day to day my jeep is 90% on road

2Cross

Caught the Bug
Well I don't really have enough money to buy a replacement axle, I barely can afford the tires lol I'm just trying to make the tires livable day to day my jeep is 90% on road

If that's the case regear to 4.88 and call it.

Saharacon

Hey everyone, I have a '14 JK 2door with XRC bumpers.
Looking to put 35s on with 17" wheels. I'm reading that a 2inch leveling kit as well as cutting my fenders will do the job but I am wondering if I'll need to regear also.
Thoughts?

Thanks!

No You don't need to regear. But your going to want to badly once you realize how sluggish your wrangler is with out a ECU Update on tire size, you'll be looking to 4.88 or 5.13s trust me

Do your self a solid and just regear to 4.88 you'll be happy

RoughRider

So I know 4.88 are the #1 choice for 35s but I'm wondering if 4.56 would be better for me since I have stock sport axles and it's a daily driver with 99% on road driving.

shoeless

Just finished my 500 mile break in after ORE installed 5.13s in my 14 JKUR auto on 35s. I told Drew I may go to 37s and he went straight to 5.13s and after driving with them on 35s I am very happy with them. I run 2900 RPM @ 70 MPH and only lost .3 MPG but it runs fantastic in the hills. The 3.6 loves to breath.....

2Cross

Caught the Bug
Your decision. Your $$
But like shoeless said and I said. You could go to 5.13 and be fine, so why bother with 4.56.

tsalani

Had a manual with 3.73 and the factory 32s on the old jeep. The new jeep came with 4.10s and felt completely different. I've now added 35s and it feels a lot like the old jeep. So 4.10s and 35s should work for me for sometime. When I upgrade I may only go 4.56

Exodus 4x4

Definitely 4.88s. Not worth your money to go to 4.56. Just keep it stock if you want 4.56

x2. Ran 35's for about 4 months before I regeared to 4.88 from 4.10. Amazing what a difference it makes. Some suggested all I needed was 4.56 and I'm glad I didn't listen to them. I hated that my auto would downshift twice in the wind or steep grade and wanted to be certain that wouldn't happen. The shifting also feels more like stock now because it's not as underpowered, at least in the hills. Not to mention if you ever do decide to run 37's, you can a lot easier than you would with 4.56. Just my 2 cents.

Top Bottom