37 inch talk!!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Appreciate the input. Yes I took the friction washers off and the wobble is slight, just in the steering wheel nit felt in the body...

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app.......

Well, a speed related wobble like that is typically a tire balance issue. Even if you've had them balanced recently, I would have them give it another go. It's not uncommon for bigger off road tires to need more than one balancing. The Discount Tire that's near me has a road force balancer and I have found them to work well too.

Armydog

Roger that. I'll give that. Shoot. Tango yankee

David1tontj

She's sitting on 35"X12.5"X15" Micky Ts right now. I might try and push to 37" but the wife complains it's already "too high" so not for a while. Like I said 05 Rubi with the 4.0 and manual. I want to do some light wheeling but most of my driving will be pretty lame compared to what you guys throw down. Side question, going to rotate the sneakers today, are the mts directional tread? They seem to be....

Thanks brother

When I got my tj it had 456 and bfg 37s (36" equivalent). It seemed to be perfectly geared. I also have the 4.0 and six speed manual.

My ride- 2001 power wheel, 11" plastic tires, upgraded battery, boat sides, custom bumpers, tow hooks, new paint.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
When I got my tj it had 456 and bfg 37s (36" equivalent). It seemed to be perfectly geared. I also have the 4.0 and six speed manual.

Really? Even with 4.88's, I always felt like my TJ lacked power after I started running 37 ProComp Xtreme MT's. But, maybe that's just me.

David1tontj

Really? Even with 4.88's, I always felt like my TJ lacked power after I started running 37 ProComp Xtreme MT's. But, maybe that's just me.

I thought so. It had good power up the hills, started fast, had a good pull even at high speeds.. Maybe I'm giving the BFGs too much credit calling a 37 a 36 equivalent!

Then again, I think it is still great now with 513s and 40s. Maybe I just haven't felt power in a while.

My ride- 2001 power wheel, 11" plastic tires, upgraded battery, boat sides, custom bumpers, tow hooks, new paint.

BadApple

Another quick question. My wife is going to get the 37s put on friday. I have the 3 inch plushrides, will she be ok to drive it home with the 37s without them rubbing? I haven't trimmed my fender wells yet.

JKFlyer

Another quick question. My wife is going to get the 37s put on friday. I have the 3 inch plushrides, will she be ok to drive it home with the 37s without them rubbing? I haven't trimmed my fender wells yet.

I would be most worried about your pinch seam if u haven't taken care of them yet. Either way, u have all week. Why not trim your fenders first ?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

BadApple

I would be most worried about your pinch seam if u haven't taken care of them yet. Either way, u have all week. Why not trim your fenders first ?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

I'm out of the country until march of 2015. I think a buddy of mine is going to trim them this week.

Top Bottom