4"/37s or 3"/35s lift/tire combo?

Oscar35

Need some feedback on which I should get for my 2014 JKU Daily Driver. Which WILL see rocks, dirt, mud ect...

Sent from my SGH-M919 using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Need some feedback on which I should get for my 2014 JKU Daily Driver. Which WILL see rocks, dirt, mud ect...

Depends on how much you can afford to spend. 4" and 37's will make your JKU a more capable off road vehicle but, to do it well will costs a lot more money than doing 3" and 35's. The latter can be run with most of your factory components and done well. 37's are really hard on a Jeep and you'll want to account for making additional upgrades.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
I have only had two cups of coffee. Thank you for showing the errors of my ways.

it's all good..
also depends if op want's to run flat fenders or not and which 37" tire since some run small. some guys have run 37" on a 3 inch with trimming and proper bump stops. evo enforcer has 3 inch with 37" tire set up.

Speeddmn

Didnt say if he has a Rubi or not. So 37's on the D30 will be tough on it. Not to mention new gears. If staying with stock gears you can get away with the 35's.

It all depends on personal taste. If you think 37 now it will always be in the back of your mind. On my '10 Rubi I plan to run 37's. Already trimmed the fenders and currently running a BB and 34's. Once bills get down and save a bit more, I can do a full lift, tires, gears and misc stuff then. Till then I can still okay and have fun.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Didnt say if he has a Rubi or not. So 37's on the D30 will be tough on it. Not to mention new gears. If staying with stock gears you can get away with the 35's.

It all depends on personal taste. If you think 37 now it will always be in the back of your mind. On my '10 Rubi I plan to run 37's. Already trimmed the fenders and currently running a BB and 34's. Once bills get down and save a bit more, I can do a full lift, tires, gears and misc stuff then. Till then I can still okay and have fun.

he's got a 14 rubi. not sure what gears. on auto you had to upgrade to them. but a 44 up front for sure..

Angry Aussie

You should check out the thread "Pictures if any 4 doors on 37s". I started that to help me decide on which route to go. I almost went the 3 inch and 35s cause it was the cheaper way to go but I knew I wanted 37s so I waited till I could afford to and I'm so happy I did. If your already thinking 37s then save your money and wait till you can do the 37s. Just my opinion

Oscar35

OK thx guys. I think I'll be getting the 4"/37s it does have D44

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Sry guys. It is a Rubicon

So, what kind of budget do you have to work with? I've run 37's on 3 different JK's and can tell you that even on a Rubicon, if you play hard in AZ, you will end up wanting to replace the front 44 with something like a ProRock 44. You'll also want to replace your front axle shafts with a set of chromoly with full circle clips and you will also want to upgrade your drive shafts. Again, this is IF you play hard with 37's. I have also run 35's on all my JK's and can tell you that they are a lot more forgiving and do not require as much money to get you playing on them. Of course, if you're even considering 37's, I would almost have to say to just save up and make it happen.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
OK thx guys. I think I'll be getting the 4"/37s it does have D44

Won't mean a thing if you really use your Jeep out on the trails you have in AZ. But, rather than throw money trying to beef up your front axle, I would save your money and play with what you've got until you can afford to upgrade to a ProRock 44. I managed to get about 2 years and 60,000 miles out of my factory 44 front axle before it finally had to go. By then, I could afford to upgrade and did.

Here's my '13 Sport on 3" and 35's. It's my daily driver, but in April will be making a 3000+ mile trek thru the 7 western states, hitting Moab, most of AZ and the Rubicon on the trip! Gussets on the D30 and new gears go in next week!

I'm really impressed with it as a daily driver in it's current state.

I thought about 37s also, but that will come with new axles, coil overs, armor and slabs...a few years down the road when I'm not as busy foolishly squandering money on food, heat and my children....

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1389808287.508850.jpg

Jeepster Chris
...sitting in my Tardis using WAYALIFE time/space app

Last edited:

gtony12

Caught the Bug
Here's my '13 Sport on 3" and 35's. It's my daily driver, but in April will be making a 3000+ mile trek thru the 7 western states, hitting Moab, most of AZ and the Rubicon on the trip! Gussets on the D30 and new gears go in next week!

I'm really impressed with it as a daily driver in it's current state.

I thought about 37s also, but that will come with new axles, coil overs, armor and slabs...a few years down the road when I'm not as busy foolishly squandering money on food, heat and my children....

View attachment 64685

Jeepster Chris
...sitting in my Tardis using WAYALIFE time/space app

Nice look en rig Chris. Same setup I am planning. :thumbup:

Top Bottom