40” vs 37”

rubiconrunner

Lol what? You came here asking for opinions retard.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Funny how you refer to me as a retard but reading and understanding kicks ur ass

You should read the entirety of the post before offering your useless opinion.

I asked for opinions on running 3.5” coilovers in 40s
Not what you thought about my oem arms on my current lift.

WJCO

Meme King
I currently run a 3.00” lift with stock arms and the articulation sucks.....

A new long arm kit will not improve your articulation at all, FYI. Longer control arms have nothing to do with articulation.

I’ve read countless forums but I can’t find the overall mounted and balanced height of the STT pro 40” or a nitto? perhaps.

Cooper STT Pro 40s installed on the vehicle with 30 psi in them measure 38 7/16 inches tall:

https://wayalife.com/showthread.php...-SIZE-Database?p=779343&viewfull=1#post779343

Nitto Mud Grapplers installed on vehicle with 30 psi in them measure 38 3/16 inches tall:

https://wayalife.com/showthread.php...-SIZE-Database?p=663522&viewfull=1#post663522

rubiconrunner

If you were only doing it temporarily to save up for the rear, I could understand. It doesn't make since to me having two different suspension systems on your Jeep.

The RK 3.5" lift blows... And if your planning on going long arm, which you probably should moving to 40's, your going to have to cut off all your frame mounts. Maybe you should slow down a bit and actually look into what you need to do to run 40's instead of jumping straight in. Have you even thought about steering?

Thanks for the input. And yes steering will be upgraded along with everything else. And cutting frame mounts for 40s? Maybe I misunderstood but the evo bolt on doesn’t keep everything up front?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I’ve looked at almost all of them. And I think for the rear everything is kinda overkill for my wheeling style, area and preference. In your personal opinion, is there a huge advantage for the rear coil over system? I’ve read over countless forum posts. And can’t determine the huge advantage. I do see it upfront, but the rear? haven’t had a bunch of clarity on it

Not sure what forum you've been reading but it sounds to me but clearly, they're badasses and you should definitely be listening to. I mean, I can't imagine why anyone would want to have a rear end that can keep up with the front. Of course, I'm just a mall crawler and could only hope to be as cool as them someday. :yup:

rubiconrunner

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
He may be but his jeep does fit in his garage. And with what the OP was asking about.
Ill try these pics then.
He has 4" plush rides and 40s and fits in a garage.

How about you just not post up pics that don't need to be posted up. :rolleyes2:

rubiconrunner

A new long arm kit will not improve your articulation at all, FYI. Longer control arms have nothing to do with articulation.

Cooper STT Pro 40s installed on the vehicle with 30 psi in them measure 38 7/16 inches tall:

https://wayalife.com/showthread.php...-SIZE-Database?p=779343&viewfull=1#post779343

Nitto Mud Grapplers installed on vehicle with 30 psi in them measure 38 3/16 inches tall:

https://wayalife.com/showthread.php...-SIZE-Database?p=663522&viewfull=1#post663522

Now THIS! THIS is invaluable information. Super helpful.

rubiconrunner

Not sure what forum you've been reading but it sounds to me but clearly, they're badasses and you should definitely be listening to. I mean, I can't imagine why anyone would want to have a rear end that can keep up with the front. Of course, I'm just a mall crawler and could only hope to be as cool as them someday. :yup:

Haha have read some on WAYALIFE too. You’re the best mall crawler and everyone on here knows a thing or two about those pesky parking curbs at the mall, hence why I asked it on here and not there

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
“A” garage, not “his” garage? [emoji848][emoji851][emoji23]

I know it might be a stretch for me to ask but instead of trying to be cute here, I'd be grateful if you guys would just leave well enough alone. Can't do that, I'd be grateful if you spent more of your time wherever your buddies are now. Thank you.

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
Thanks for the input. And yes steering will be upgraded along with everything else. And cutting frame mounts for 40s? Maybe I misunderstood but the evo bolt on doesn’t keep everything up front?

The EVO bolt on kit doesn't eliminate anything, but if you go long arms, you will have to cut your factory frame mounts and install new ones.

TrailHunter

Hooked
Not sure what your garage door setup is.... but like Eddie said, standard is 84”... sometimes they might be a little lower and people may have old school swing doors which will not go above the header... I always recommend a side mount motor on roll ups and extra vertical track to tuck the door 3-4” from the ceiling. The extra breathing room is nice when working inside with the door open and setting rigs on Jacks.

Last edited:
Top Bottom