40s

HLKSMSH

Looks good I have a Gecko JKU I will be doing 40's on also. You might want to do a axle swap soon.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Stock drivetrain. I have a rubi front im building just need shafts and locking the rear. Im hoping it will be in by Christmas.

Looks good IMHO, but tread lightly with a D30 front. Even D44's are dicey with 40's....:twocents:

David1tontj

Stock drivetrain. I have a rubi front im building just need shafts and locking the rear. Im hoping it will be in by Christmas.

Hold your breath in 4 wheel drive man!!! Especially if they're locked! I wish you the best luck, but that's a lot of leverage that the tires have on those axles... And a lot of weight you're throwing around too..... It does look awesome tho!!! Love those 40's!!!

05 Tj, long arm, one ton, lockers, winches, 39.5" Iroks

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
So I'm guessing that rock is the worst you'll ever put your jeep through?

You cant be serious thinking you can wheel a D30 and 40's. or you ate paint chips as a kid.

Last edited:

David1tontj

You cant be serious thinking you can wheel a D30 and 40's. or you ate paint chips as a kid.

When I bought my jeep it had a long arm lift and 37s.... Stock axles.. Those were the only mods.. I knew I'd swap axles, so the long arm was worth it... The guy had only put it in 4 wheel drive once cause it was snowy... I broke the dana 35 the first 2 times I took it out moderately wheeling! I knew it would break, and it was almost funny to me how easily it did when wheeled for real!

05 Tj, long arm, one ton, lockers, winches, 39.5" Iroks

kgw350

#4 post it clearly says building a rubi front. Did you eat paint chips as a kid cause I think its affecting your vision.

I wanted to see how it would hold up so basically this is a test of the axles that everyone thinks will fail I ran 37s for 5,000 miles 4,000 of those miles all wheelin. With a lot of drivers yes it will fail I have gone to a lot of offroad events ( I just drove around in the parking lot climbing over curbs.) and clearly see why people are breaking things on 33s.

And if something breaks I will just fix or upgrade. I have one tons in my garage that will be built some day.

MikeD

Kyle has built many of the rigs that wheel our area, he is well aware of his axle choice. He has built a local following by building rigs for crazy low dollar amounts that do extremely well on the trail. You know "that guy" that walks through an obstacle that just gave everyone else in the group a hard time (every group has one), yeah he's that guy. After building a couple of stout rigs he built up a base jk on 37's with a bone stock open 30 and ran the toughest trails in the area for a year just to see if he could do it, everyone told him it will explode the moment you put it in drive...
It's 75% driver, keep in mind we don't have the same type of terrain as out west so it's easier to get away with here. Long term it aint gonna work but it will be fun to see how far he gets!

kgw350

I better comment before all the dana 60 fan boys come out. It is set up with 18/59 springs and long shocks spring retainers front and rear. This is not my DAILY DRIVER. And yes the front spring almost comes out but never has before everyone points that out. Waiting for money to come in to set it up the way I want and for now this works great for cheap.

Hey kgw350, how did you accomplish this flex in this vid while being stock

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYwVwSkbhaU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Cool. Nice rig. Love the 2 doors. Congrats on the new rubber:beer:

I dig your rig as well!!!:thumb:

There will always be others out there that feel the need to slam others. I don't get it.:thinking:

Last edited:

catahoula

Caught the Bug
I better comment before all the dana 60 fan boys come out. It is set up with 18/59 springs and long shocks spring retainers front and rear. This is not my DAILY DRIVER. And yes the front spring almost comes out but never has before everyone points that out. Waiting for money to come in to set it up the way I want and for now this works great for cheap.

I remember the video from I think my thread you had posted. Very impressive. I'm running same springs but Rubi shocks. Want to keep it on a beer budget.
'

Top Bottom