40s

Black-shadow

This is why I don't post anymore of my own build. Everyone becomes an expert with their opinion. I thought this was Show and Tell thread? Not here is my rig and give me your opinion thread. I've seen this guy wheel from malls to ski mtn slopes. Every build (3) that I've seen did things that every want to be know it all said it can't do. Lets be a little more supportive to other jeepaholics and not judge a book by its cover. Remember that saying when you were a kid?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
This is why I don't post anymore of my own build. Everyone becomes an expert with their opinion. I thought this was Show and Tell thread? Not here is my rig and give me your opinion thread. I've seen this guy wheel from malls to ski mtn slopes. Every build (3) that I've seen did things that every want to be know it all said it can't do. Lets be a little more supportive to other jeepaholics and not judge a book by its cover. Remember that saying when you were a kid?

Welcome to Wayalife! :standing wave:

GCM 2

After reading the previous 40 posts by all the professional wheelers, builders and fabricators ;) when everything on a Dana 44 (that will be running 40"s) is trussed, gusseted, strengthened and sleeved......you still cannot escape the fact that the gear set ratio you are going to be running is a dangerously thin ring gear and scrawny, weak pinion. You should have just put the money, time and effort into building the D60's. It's like you are just going to spend money twice trying to get it right :thinking:

The Wandering Jeeper

Caught the Bug
After reading the previous 40 posts by all the professional wheelers, builders and fabricators ;) when everything on a Dana 44 (that will be running 40"s) is trussed, gusseted, strengthened and sleeved......you still cannot escape the fact that the gear set ratio you are going to be running is a dangerously thin ring gear and scrawny, weak pinion. You should have just put the money, time and effort into building the D60's. It's like you are just going to spend money twice trying to get it right :thinking:

Aren't D30's better? :confused::hmm:... I mean really. Just pour some Gorilla Glue into the diff cover and put the plug in. Since it is somewhat air tight it won't harden. That will give you all the added strength to get up to 60's. :cheesy:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

Hey, shut your mouth! People have seen this guy wheel!

Last edited:

pastorwug

Actually, this is exactly why I would post a build thread (If I had time). I'm not so prideful that I would ever turn away opinions or constructive criticism. I'm no expert, but there are plenty of people on this website that are - and sometimes I may not like their opinion about what I chose to do but then if I didn't want opinions I shouldn't have posted a build thread in the first place.
Working on our own Jeeps allows a great measure of personal flair and latitude in direction on lifts, tires, bumpers, armor, etc. If it ain't going to work I sure want to know BEFORE I head out onto the trails and not while I'm on the trail itself.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
In all honesty just about every jeeper on here has "wasted time or money". How many times have some of you bought something, tried it out, did not like it, sold it only to purchase something else? I have. I've not gone to the extent of some of you...and probably never will. I feel my Jeep is a project that will never be done. I am not an expert, and I have never claimed to be...like some members think they are. My wife and I usually find roads not meant for your Honda Civic. Reason why we purchased a Jeep. We don't do any crazy rock crawling. I'm afraid I might like it. We might run on a service or logging road. My rig looks like I might rock crawl, but I do not. I like the look. Now, If I want to learn how to roll my Jeep on some rocks I might get a hold of one of you experts.:) Nobody wants to break down on the trail. Everybody takes a chance. Heck, it could be something so little that could stop you in your tracks. The OP made a good point. Shit happens and that can be some of the best memories. I remember times while on vacation I've got a flat in a rental car on a deserted dirt road. Had to limp into town on a small spare and found the coolest place to spend the night out in western Nebraska called "High Plains Homestead". Took a vacation a few years ago and on last day we were going to see something we based the whole vacation on. Just short of 30 miles to destination came across three puppies some pieces of shit threw out on the side of the road. Cut our vacation short. Kept one and found homes for the other two. My screen name is the type of dog I found in Georgia. Named her Georgia. I think it was the Dusy video. Eddie said it best "...in bad weather, suffer significant trail damage and still be able to look back at the experience as being one of the most memorable and with a big smile...I suppose that's what jeeping is all about." Just rambling.

Aeraun

Its not a matter of whose opinion it is, or what the opinion is, its a matter of how the opinion is conveyed. We are all here to gain information, give insight, live and learn, make friends, and just further our Jeep obsessions. We just need to keep in mind that quite a lot can be lost in translation when interacting with people over posts and not face to face.

The Force will be with you.... always

kgw350

Since this turned into a axle build thread not a picture thread let me ask how much is a complete Rubicon dana 44 with chromoly axle shafts 5:13 gears full artec truss kit worth?

CJ THAT WENT JK

Since this turned into a axle build thread not a picture thread let me ask how much is a complete Rubicon dana 44 with chromoly axle shafts 5:13 gears full artec truss kit worth?

I will sell you my Prorock 44 with RCV's, 5.13, ARB's. Just realized all these rhyme. Hell Yeah. Oh yeah. $3800.00

eeftw

Can you post some pictures from the side?

I want to build my two door up to 37's, tho. Just want to see what it looks like.

SDG

Caught the Bug
After reading all these posts its like you dont know whether to laugh at the responses or get defensive. I get it though. You are an ASS, but that is who you are. I get it. Its still pretty damn funny.

Ohhh snap!!!! Hoosier daddy!!! Haha see what I did there?

Subscribed.. Getting the popcorn ready for some wholesome family entertainment, this'll be good,lol

We are Jeep..Resistance is futile..

Top Bottom