40s

Yeah that's what they say last year 3 guys running 39.5" :idontknow:

I just signed up for the November Jeep Jamboree in West Virginia. ..looking forward to it. Glad I didn't go 40's because you can't have bigger tires then 37's to register

I dug up some pics of a couple of my rubicon trips. Not a jeep, and not 40" tires (only 38.5), but I'm putting them in this thread anyway since the rubicon is how we measure things now. View attachment 58646
View attachment 58647View attachment 58648View attachment 58649

I may look young in this pic.... It's because it was only my second time on the rubicon and I was 17. We were pretty stupid since we ran it solo, and in the wrong direction every time. The blonde kid was my spotter and only15 years old.
View attachment 58650
View attachment 58651

And here is a couple from the next year when I was 18-
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1386031499.201904.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1386031520.851491.jpg

05 Tj, long arm, one ton, lockers, winches, 39.5" Iroks

Dave,Dude! That is so sacreligious posting ricegrinder pics on a Jeep forum,lmao. My eyes are burning now:eek:

We are Jeep..Resistance is futile..

Some updated info. lots of axle work in the next couple weeks. Front chromoly Axle shafts came in the mail yesterday and Started fitting the truss for the rubicon dana 44. This front I will only have about $1,200 into it that's with buying the axle that's the only reason im building it and running it till the front 60 is done I might even buy 5lug to 8lug adapters for the time being till the front is done this way I can get the back in asap.

Here for all you one ton guys. It started out a year ago I bought a dana 60 bare with carrier and gears out of an 2002 f-550 with 4:88s for $300 should have never bought it but I was inexperienced. This time I did some research and bought a sterling 10.5" rear and it came with a dana 50 complete front and back for $100 gonna remove the outers on the 50 and scrap the rest. And just last week a guy listed local a dana 60 complete out of a 2002 f-350 srw for $300. So I have $700 in axles.

Ordered Blue Torch Fab diff cover with the truss built into it for the sterling. I will be ordering tone rings from dynatrac next week and have the hubs machined down and press the rings on.
Here is a pic of the rear before I started

And a pic of it now little more cleaning and i will be ready to weld the truss on.

The fronts

Last edited:
Top Bottom