42" NITTO TRAIL GRAPPLERS - An Exclusive First Look Thanks to EVO / What do Ya Think?

Those look awesome. Be interesting to see a video of Moby wearing them as well[emoji57]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

bigcale

Caught the Bug
So how much adjusting would need to happen for it not to rub?
About the right size tire to run 20s on a truck, anything smaller looks wrong.

wjtstudios

Hooked
Just a whole nother level

It will be interesting to see on how it clears lines that you ran in 40s verses the 42s. With the increased height and rotation is it worth the trade offs of the weight and clearance.

But the Jeep looks insane with them. Proportionally like a JKU in 40s. I agree that shot on the lift was pretty damn cool, but not practical. Will opening the wells up a bit will give it more of that look.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

AZVAJKU

Hooked
Wow! I have been wondering if Nitto would ever do 42’s. I love my Nitto 40’s, the most balanced tire I have ever run. When you need zero lead to balance a 40 that’s a testament to the construction.

Did it take much weight to balance the 42’s?

I guess the question now is do I buy 42’s for my JKU, or a JT for my 42’s? 🤔

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So many thats what she saids in here. Anyway, your meat looks huge. :thumb:

:cheesy: Tell me about it!

42s are perfect for the gladiator. It no longer looks “too long.”

Agreed. And, I think they look a little odd on a JL.

The Gladiator looks great on these 👍👍

Not that it was bad on 40s, but this is a whole new level.

That said, the 42s look about 4" taller than the 40s.
Maybe that is the new math at work🤣🤣

Weird how that is but I totally agree. Seeing them in person, our 40's look like 37's :crazyeyes:

Those look perfect on the JT!

Thanks! I really think they will soon become the go to size on big JT's.

holy mother :eek: those are massive! but damn, they look good. :thumb:

ummm...where's the pic of you standing next to it?

LOL - I don't want to look any shorter than I already am :crazyeyes:

Looks Great. 40s look so much smaller smaller. Love the look [emoji106][emoji106]

LOL - crazy ain't it? :crazyeyes:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Damn those 42’s look great! Curious to see once all trimming is done and ride height is adjusted just how good they do on the rocks. Would think that it would help the JT almost get to a Moby status minus the length. lol

Yeah, we need to order up new springs and will be doing some trimming for sure. But, with that, I think the 42's will definitely help with the break over angles. :yup:

Those look awesome. Be interesting to see a video of Moby wearing them as well[emoji57]

If we get a chance, we'll definitely have to swap them in just to see. :crazyeyes:

So how much adjusting would need to happen for it not to rub?
About the right size tire to run 20s on a truck, anything smaller looks wrong.

It's not too bad in the rear but up front, we're rubbing our fenders good just turning the tires on flat ground. Even after trimming, I'd say we need at least another full inch of lift or maybe 2 to make it clear well.

Man that is sweet! The real question is how is Mel going to get them back? Lol

LOL - we can't really run them effectively as is and it'll be a while before new springs come in. It'll make more sense for us to get back on 40's until our set of wheels and tires and coils come in. :yup:

Just a whole nother level

It will be interesting to see on how it clears lines that you ran in 40s verses the 42s. With the increased height and rotation is it worth the trade offs of the weight and clearance.

But the Jeep looks insane with them. Proportionally like a JKU in 40s. I agree that shot on the lift was pretty damn cool, but not practical. Will opening the wells up a bit will give it more of that look.

It's funny because I still don't think I'd want to run anything bigger than a 40 on Moby. On the JT, the 42's just fit the part and I think they'll definitely help out on the rocks.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Looks great!!

Holy shit. That’s badass.

Thanks guys :cool:

Looks great...hard to believe any tire could make a 40 look small...

LOL - and of the same make and model. I was expecting these to be bigger but had no idea of how much bigger they were going to be. :crazyeyes:

Wow! I have been wondering if Nitto would ever do 42’s. I love my Nitto 40’s, the most balanced tire I have ever run. When you need zero lead to balance a 40 that’s a testament to the construction.

Did it take much weight to balance the 42’s?

I guess the question now is do I buy 42’s for my JKU, or a JT for my 42’s? 🤔

We literally mounted up the tires and took off. No balancing and even at 85 MPH, no issues. Like the 40's, these really are round tires. :yup:

Awesome, makes me want a JT even more and more now.

Hope you can get one and sooner than later. :cool:

dillard09

Those are nice! Been waiting awhile to see those. I just don't like the sidewall. I love the sidewall on the 40s.

Exodus 4x4

I feel like we’ve been waiting forever for these to show up! I’m in the market for new tires and I almost talked myself into holding out for them but I think I’m going to pass. I know I’m going to be the odd man out but I just think the 42’s are too much tire. Might be great on a buggy but I foresee a lot of broken axles coming from these even for those running 60’s or bigger. Still pretty cool to see a 42” Trail Grappler though!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
I feel like we’ve been waiting forever for these to show up! I’m in the market for new tires and I almost talked myself into holding out for them but I think I’m going to pass. I know I’m going to be the odd man out but I just think the 42’s are too much tire. Might be great on a buggy but I foresee a lot of broken axles coming from these even for those running 60’s or bigger. Still pretty cool to see a 42” Trail Grappler though!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

42s seem like the perfect tire for this new platform. What are you thinking of running otherwise?

Top Bottom