5.13 & 37s VS 5.38 & 40s

dillard09

Yes, how does that work? Is it like 2 adapters bolted together?
Hey Irish, so your selling you PR44? Why and what did you move up too?

Irish JK

Caught the Bug
Yes, how does that work? Is it like 2 adapters bolted together?
Hey Irish, so your selling you PR44? Why and what did you move up too?

Yes it is two adapters that bolt together. I was looking at a company called Motech (not that motech) that actually makes them to order out of Las Vegas for a reasonable price. Being they are custom you have quite a few options.

I am selling the PR44 because I was at the same spot you were. Build around a mild but stout 37" or go full retard with 40s. I went with the PR60/80 combo and unfortunately the bleeding probably won't stop there.

IMHO, a PR80 is too much for 37s. Ran it one trip in that combo and the ring gear is so big it just caught every rock.

JeepFan

Hooked
Yes it is two adapters that bolt together. I was looking at a company called Motech (not that motech) that actually makes them to order out of Las Vegas for a reasonable price. Being they are custom you have quite a few options.

I am selling the PR44 because I was at the same spot you were. Build around a mild but stout 37" or go full retard with 40s. I went with the PR60/80 combo and unfortunately the bleeding probably won't stop there.

IMHO, a PR80 is too much for 37s. Ran it one trip in that combo and the ring gear is so big it just caught every rock.

I can confirm Irish JK full retard!! :cheesy:;)

dillard09

Gotcha on the adapter.
So that's just about where Im at. One of my main concerns is to be able to drive it everyday and long distances. So my concern is being able to add all this weight of big tires, wheels, and giant axles and my 100hp 6 Chinchilla powered 3.8L and the 5.38 make it up. I know my jeep is not the best on the highway right now with 5.13 and small KM2 37's but once the blacktop ends its a whole different animal.

linehand08

Just throwing in my 2 cents but a set of 60s with 5.38s and staying on 37s would give you your highway ride and tough trail setup. also you could have a set of 40s in the shop for when plan on getting serous. wheels are easy to swap if you don't mind how heavy they are.

have your axles inspected regularly when they break I think most are out of spec. when there tight and right no worries.

dillard09

I hear ya on that but I think one set of wheels/Tires would be enough. I don't have a whole lot of storage to keep another set. And if it was 60/60 I would just go with 40s.
I would not mind the swapping out wheels and tires, I mean have you seen my arms?

IMG_2272.jpg

linehand08

Haha!. yea the only reason I said that is because I threw my 40 on the tire carrier yesterday and there was a loud noise that came out of my ass....

dillard09

Haha! I bet throwing a 40 on is almost a two man job. Well maybe someday I'll see what it's like. Until then I'll keep doing curls with these 12oz cans.

Top Bottom