5.7 Hemi Conversion

wjtstudios

Hooked
So damn close! Well at least you know it fires! Congrats on accomplishing that, that is one hell of a Jeep [emoji106]

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

A.J.

Thanks everyone for the encouraging words. Other key did not work. I’m going to spend some time cleaning up wiring and stuff this weekend and figure out when we can tow or trailer it in to have the keys programmed next week. My friends shop is a little bit out of town and I have to go back to work Monday. At least I can get all the little stuff dialed in so I can drive it away from the dealer hopefully. Chutes and Ladders I guess.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE

nmwranglerx

Caught the Bug
Thanks everyone for the encouraging words. Other key did not work. I’m going to spend some time cleaning up wiring and stuff this weekend and figure out when we can tow or trailer it in to have the keys programmed next week. My friends shop is a little bit out of town and I have to go back to work Monday. At least I can get all the little stuff dialed in so I can drive it away from the dealer hopefully. Chutes and Ladders I guess.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE

Aw damn, that’s gotta be frustrating to get so close and not be able to seal the deal so to speak. Sounds like you’re taking it in stride. It’ll be that much more exciting when it finally roars. Hang in there, it’s almost done. You’re living the dream for the rest of us 3.8 ‘ers .

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Exodus 4x4

Right?! Of course the last thing I want is to take it to the dealer to have the keys programmed but it looks like I’m going to have to do it. Ugh.

You shouldn’t have to. Find a shop with the right SnapOn scanner (don’t ask me which) and they can do it. I’ve also had locksmiths for it for half the price of the dealer.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
If you’re gonna go the dealer route, don’t give them the satisfaction of starting it up first to test the keys. lol. Make sure they let you do it.

Brute

Hooked
I also had a spare key programmed from a good lock and key place for my Hellcat...it was no problem...

A.J.

You shouldn’t have to. Find a shop with the right SnapOn scanner (don’t ask me which) and they can do it. I’ve also had locksmiths for it for half the price of the dealer.

Going out to the shop tomorrow with a Snap on and a Matco scanner. Should be able to make it work. We shall see!

Top Bottom