5.7 Hemi Conversion

A.J.

Looking good!

Gives me some hope I can get there someday.

Glad it fit with the big bore box.

I was pretty worried about the big bore box fitting as well. Had to modify the a/c pump front mounting bolt location a bit more than normal. Plan B was to go back to the stock box and add hydro assist.

Honestly it’s not too bad a project. Happy to help if you ever decide to do it. It’s always easier the second time. First one is practice.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I was pretty worried about the big bore box fitting as well. Had to modify the a/c pump front mounting bolt location a bit more than normal. Plan B was to go back to the stock box and add hydro assist.

Honestly it’s not too bad a project. Happy to help if you ever decide to do it. It’s always easier the second time. First one is practice.

Sure is nice to be able to do all this with the body off :yup:

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
I just caught up on this. First, great idea for removing the body. Second, the frame came out looking great. Third, I’ll be watching the rest. Good job!

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug

Hey if you were in my neck of the woods I’d maybe take you up on that! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Bierpower

Hooked
Yes it is. Very glad I decided to pull the body instead of just the radiator support. I think Overlander’s engine swap was just the extra little push I needed.

I did the LS through the front and it really wasn't too bad. The only thing that would have been far easier would have been running the wires back to the gas tank.

Congrats on getting it all in. The first fire up is a feeling that sticks with you.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Yes it is. Very glad I decided to pull the body instead of just the radiator support. I think Overlander’s engine swap was just the extra little push I needed.

I would love to have pulled the body. I think next time though if I can’t, I would pull the motor and trans together. I think that was the biggest bitch of it all.

Brute

Hooked
I would love to have pulled the body. I think next time though if I can’t, I would pull the motor and trans together. I think that was the biggest bitch of it all.

Next time?...can't wait to see that big V8 in that mail carrier of yours...wheelie bars?

A.J.

IMG_1058.jpg
Exhaust is in. Had to do a little trimming for the front driveline to clear the trans mount. Rear driveline will need to be shortened about an inch. Pillow bearing modification is all that’s left to do and we can drop the body back on. Hopefully this weekend. Getting closer!

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
View attachment 341895
Exhaust is in. Had to do a little trimming for the front driveline to clear the trans mount. Rear driveline will need to be shortened about an inch. Pillow bearing modification is all that’s left to do and we can drop the body back on. Hopefully this weekend. Getting closer!

Damn nice work! You’re moving pretty dang quick.

Ruvicon

Looking good. Can’t wait to see it in action. What hp/torque does that engine have?

A.J.

Looking good. Can’t wait to see it in action. What hp/torque does that engine have?

Should be about 390hp 420trq. Should be a nice improvement over the 3.8 [emoji16]

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE

Top Bottom