A WIDER STANCE for JET

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Looks great, and probably handles like a go-kart. Lol.

You look lower now then you did when you left ORE. How much space are you running above the coil nut?

We're running 2-1/2" of pre-load.

Thanks! Kind of sad letting it go for a few days after only HAVING it for a few days!

This is the first time I’ve driven the new platform for an extended period of time and I have to say, I’m super impressed. Between the interior and drive train improvements, it’s going to be hard not to drive it all the time and not the JK. That being said, it’s time to get back to the JK and prepping it for a big trip that before we know it, will be just around the corner.

I know, I've been working hard at getting Moby ready knowing I'm running out of time :shock:

Looks great! So sorry that you actually had to buy something[emoji2962][emoji2962]...

I know, right? :crazyeyes:

Off topic a bit but what made you go with RCVs or was that all that was available?

If you go back to their first post when they installed the PR44 they explain the issue with it being the only thing available at the time and may swap it once a standard axle shaft setup became available.

Braxtonsag

If you go back to their first post when they installed the PR44 they explain the issue with it being the only thing available at the time and may swap it once a standard axle shaft setup became available.

Figured it was something along those lines. Going to try and find the thread, figured it was long gone and buried by now

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
looks great...but of course....

Thanks! :cool:

Off topic a bit but what made you go with RCVs or was that all that was available?

What RESURECTIONJK said. The ProRock 44JL was only available with RCV's when we got ours. I would NOT be running them otherwise.

So big question is would you be able to put the 13.5" wide coopers back on now?

I'm running 13.5" Coops on mine, with a 3.5" BS. Jet Li is effectively running a 3.0" BS, so I don't see why not.

What doubletapdaddy said. Yes, we could totally run 13.50 Coopers with our setup now.

DLW

In hind site, would it be a better choice to just use 3.5" BS wheels from the beginning, leaving more options in case you decide to go coil-over later such as you did?
I plan on doing a 3.5" lift on the new JLU, originally thought I would just do 4.5" BS, but I never leave anything alone and may do coil-over later on.
I know spacers are an option, but rather not use em'.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
In hind site, would it be a better choice to just use 3.5" BS wheels from the beginning, leaving more options in case you decide to go coil-over later such as you did?
I plan on doing a 3.5" lift on the new JLU, originally thought I would just do 4.5" BS, but I never leave anything alone and may do coil-over later on.
I know spacers are an option, but rather not use em'.

Yes. When we got our XD231's, they were only available in a 4.75" back spacing. KMC now makes the XD232 and not only do they come with 3.5" of back spacing, they also have center caps.

Top Bottom