Ace Fenders

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
I ditched my ace rails, the only thing ace I might run in the future is the lava jacket.

Personally I can't see how, without adding a heavy weight steel fender behind the outer fender that it wouldn't do damage during an accident. But I've seen stranger things in car accidents. I wasn't there for the one I posted... but I suppose no one else here was either.

I may not have as much trail experience as some other folks here... So I'm sure there are people that know more about gear than I. That said I don't make a habit of treating people like a-holes unless they have proven to be one and have earned the title.

Its sad really the hostility people bring to forums. I was a moderator on S2KI for about 7/8 years... having been a part of that forum for about 13 years... when forums were still a new thing. Now-a-days forums just aren't the same. To grow a forum you need people... but really what you need to good helpful people... people that are willing to help each other. Wranglers owners have that by the nature of just owning a Jeep Wrangler. Forums just allow them to continue their Jeep habit/hobby online.

I guess I'll see you guys around... :rolleyes2:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The Ace fenders are ugly as sin and the ones, I've seen I have not been impressed with the welds, I realize there is prep involved with paint and powder coat but it shouldn't involve a flapper disk on almost the whole weld.

:cheesy: Okay, you really have seen them in person too :D

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Personally I can't see how, without adding a heavy weight steel fender behind the outer fender that it wouldn't do damage during an accident. But I've seen stranger things in car accidents. I wasn't there for the one I posted... but I suppose no one else here was either.

I may not have as much trail experience as some other folks here... So I'm sure there are people that know more about gear than I. That said I don't make a habit of treating people like a-holes unless they have proven to be one and have earned the title.

Its sad really the hostility people bring to forums. I was a moderator on S2KI for about 7/8 years... having been a part of that forum for about 13 years... when forums were still a new thing. Now-a-days forums just aren't the same. To grow a forum you need people... but really what you need to good helpful people... people that are willing to help each other. Wranglers owners have that by the nature of just owning a Jeep Wrangler. Forums just allow them to continue their Jeep habit/hobby online.

Really???? :ahhh-what: Well, I guess we'll see you around then :naw:

munstie

I really don't see hate, I do see opinions on there products, as well as first hand knowledge, if you like them buy them but that doesn't mean everyone has to as well. That's something else great about the Jeep life everyone has their own taste, just some are better than others;)

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
I am calling Bullshit on any steal fender not causing damage on a jk.
I ran steal fenders just like the ACE ones (purejeep). I barely rubbed a rock and it caved the side of the jeep in. It barely even took the paint off the fender. The jeep was fucked..

Last edited:

MTG

Caught the Bug
Did this guy quit over this thread? :thinking: How did he survive as a mod for 8 years? You know, back in the day. :crazyeyes:

JAGS

Hooked
Did this guy quit over this thread? :thinking: How did he survive as a mod for 8 years? You know, back in the day. :crazyeyes:

That's two today right. These guys flame out in threes like celebrity passings? Maybe one more in line somewhere.

- Jason

dhughes

Banned
za8edyru.jpg
sadybapu.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1395804069191.jpg

OK so it's not a 40 mph hit....but as you can see the damage that was done to the sheet metal that wasn't protected and just the scratches on the ps rear fender. No damage under the fender. This was caused by dragging it around a rock ledge. Basically rotating off the fender around the ledge. If you install the fender make sure you install all the support brackets and this should stop any or most of the thin body damage.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

Well aren't you just da young whipper snapper. Back in the day, forum folk were kinder and gentler :cheesy:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
OK so it's not a 40 mph hit....but as you can see the damage that was done to the sheet metal that wasn't protected and just the scratches on the ps rear fender. No damage under the fender. This was caused by dragging it around a rock ledge. Basically rotating off the fender around the ledge. If you install the fender make sure you install all the support brackets and this should stop any or most of the thin body damage.

You again with the lame ass corner scratch trying to pass that on as proof as to how awesome your tube fenders are? Try taking a solid hit to the center of the fender and then come back to tell me how they do no body damage. Seriously, guys like you just amaze me :naw:

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
You again with the lame ass corner scratch trying to pass that on as proof as to how awesome your tube fenders are? Try taking a solid hit to the center of the fender and then come back to tell me how they do no body damage. Seriously, guys like you just amaze me :naw:

No shit....

Top Bottom