Adams Drive Shafts

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug
You never hear about it because it never happened. Unlike axle shafts, a drive shaft spins faster - a LOT FASTER and they could never get the RCV to last.

It's funny, I was just thinking about why I've never seen an RCV driveshaft. Seemed like a good idea in theory due to lack of bind in joints, but didn't think about the speed. Good to know!

chipper

Again, I can only share what I have personally seen and have personally experienced and if it were me, I would still recommend a 1350. But, that's just me.

So when ordering a front 1350 DS with a D30 front , im sure it's not just plug and play. What is it that I need to make sure it has? So it will fit. Bigger yokes... Please excuse my lack of knowledge.
Would the rear be the same?

Marauder

So when ordering a front 1350 DS with a D30 front , im sure it's not just plug and play. What is it that I need to make sure it has? So it will fit. Bigger yokes... Please excuse my lack of knowledge.

Yes, both yokes need to be changed with a standard swap/upgrade. I know Adams has a unit that uses the existing front flange with an adapter and you just have to swap the T-Case side, but it pushes the front U-joint back a bit.

Call the manufacturer you choose to go with and talk to them about measurements before you proceed. While a driveshaft swap may seem easy to some, it isn't to others. If it is your daily driver, I would take it to a reputable shop and have it done or have an experienced buddy help you out.

Last edited:

Spudcannons

I checked with Northridge and they confirmed both the D30 and D44 are compatible with their flange so if you go from a D30 to D44 you wont need to change anything. The 1350 DS.

jkwebbie

This is just the thread I've been looking for because I'm about to put my lift on here in a few weeks and was thinking I would need a new front shaft sooner than later. I was wondering the difference between a 1310 and 1350. Thanks for all the advice guys!

Top Bottom